datetme or datetime ?

irep

Hello.

In the default.xml Content type, the name of the Element labeled "datetime" is named "datetme". Is it done on purpose? The full name is related: "liste_name___datetme"
It is a silly question, but it can affect tutorial understanding ;)

Thank you.

I didn't dare to ask it yet, but is there a place where we can find explanations about naming conventions ?
  • name
  • full_name
  • full_name.name
  • fullname.Label
  • tablename___xxx
  • etc.
And maybe their role and/or equivalencies in MySql?

Amho, this could help beginners like me to understand the different steps in tutorials.

For example, I suppose that . [dot] has something to deal with MySql joins. Of course, it is not the team affair to teach MySql. It would at the opposite approach of Fabrik's approach. But people might look further by themselves to learn more if they want to. And I have noticed that, from version to version, Fabrik integrates some references to "true" MySql lexical words in the UI. Like "Db table" name in the Lists view.

I have made some (non-exhaustive) search on the wiki for naming convention but didn't find, so far. Maybe I could find more in the tooltips.

Thxs.

Where did you find these expressions? The WIKI is open for anybody, it may be that not all is named consistently.
Fabrik is working on databases, with database tables and columns, so it must reference it somehow.

In the element listing you can see
upload_2016-1-17_18-0-1.png
Name: is the "short" element name (feld), which is the column name in the database table

Label: is any label you can give to your element (feld qr code) and you can change is at any time without changing anything in the Fabrik structure

Full Element Name: is a combination of the database table (stadt) + 3 underscores + the short element name, this is e.g. used in placeholders, in examples you'll see something like {tablename___xxx} or {your-table___your-element} etc.

• full_name.name
  • fullname.Label
doesn't make much sense.
The [dot] syntax is usually MySQL syntax if you (as an experienced user) are using SQL statements directly (e.g. if you want to display a "concat" label of a databasejoin element or adding a (SQL) WHERE condition to filter databasejoin options.

Fabrik has a lot of hooks to do additional MySQL, php, JS but if you use them you must know what you are doing.

Where did I find those names ?
Well, after trying for a long time to reproduce the tutorial "Many to many"
At the moment we want to group bands by venue

Screen capture of the tutorial:
CPhRJow.png

Screen capture of my trial site:
JWt7wgL.png

Another "complex" name assigned by Fabrik to a new group after a table join:
demo_venues- [demo_venue_bands] (group)

As you can see, I didn't even get my hands dirty not knowing what I do. :)

Any reaction ? ;)
Did you notice that "order by" proposes the concatenation .label instead of .element_name that I would expect.

As a beginner in Fabrik, I wouldn't dare to be fussy about it but I found another thing:
When setting up a databasejoin element, it is asked to choose the Label (below the table and value). Since the word Label is "reserved" through the interface for the "human readable names" of Lists, Elements, etc. it becomes confused (almost for me :( )

5HuiqWj.png

I suppose it means "name" or even "content" since the tooltips talks about "In the form, this is the data which appears in the dropdown box"

I notice there is also an option "Or Concat label" text area. But I won't say a word about it? :oops:

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back