Custom URL with J! SEF URL's ON

henk

I have a list where I need to use a custom link for the form (add & edit)
index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=form.view&formid=104&rowid=
This is only working for the backend and not for the frontend, because the link is translated in .../form.view/104/ resulting in a 404 error
If I change the link to index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=form&formid=104&rowid=
then it works in the frontend, because the link is translated in .../form/104/, but now it does not work in the backend
I can only get this working with the Joomla SEF URLs turned off.
Or I need to accept only to add/edit in the frontend.

Is there any other way to get this working for both front- and backend with Joomla SEF URLs turned ON?

Yes, I tried that but than it works in the frontend and NOT in the backend.
So I must make my choice

Henk

You said you tried ...

index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=form&formid=104&rowid=

... ie. task-form no not view=form.

I could have sworn I'd added some code a while back that detected a front end link when on the back end, and modified from view=form to task=form.view. But I'm not seeing it. Maybe I imagined it.

-- hugh

Well I tried both view=form and task=form.
They both work in the frontend, but only task=form.view works in the backend.
Strange is that for a list without a custom link we have the view=form in the frontend and task=form.view in the backend.

Temporary I can solve the issue on my site by using sh404sef, but this should not be needed.

henk

They both work in the frontend, but only task=form.view works in the backend.

It's a known issue, although I thought I'd provided a workaround a while back. The problem is the difference the way J! links have to be built on the front end (view=foo) and backend (task=foo.view). That's not a Fabrik thing, it's a J! thing.

Strange is that for a list without a custom link we have the view=form in the frontend and task=form.view in the backend.

Well, for form/details links that we generate, we know if we're rendering on the front or back end, and we know we're generating a J! view link ... so we know whether to use the front end (view=foo) or backend (task=foo.view) form of link, and we know not to try and build the SEF routed link if we're on the backend.

For custom links, we have no a-priori knowledge of what link you are building. It could be a non-Joomla link, or it could be a link to another J! component, or it could be a Fabrik link. And we don't really know if you want to generate a front or backend link. Some people want to direct the view link to the front end.

I'm working now on the solution I thought I'd added a while back, which lets you specify {formview}, {listview} or {detailsview} as placeholders in your link, and we replace that with the appropriate text. So ...

Code:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&{formview}&formid=123

... will render as &view=form on the front end and &task=form.view on the back end.

I'm just testing atm, hopefully commit something soon.

-- hugh

OK, as of this commit:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/ff8e9c0b369ed6b3e7b69ddda65c8fe3dcec8b88

... you should be able to use {formview} as a placeholder in links.

I still have a sneaky feeling I already added a fix for this somewhere, but can't for the life of me remember how/where I did it. Although again, it's possible I may just have dreamed doing it. Which does happen, I come up with solutions and fixes while I'm going to sleep.

-- hugh

Ah, this sounds like a real good solution, many thanks.

I just tested it and it works perfect for the form edit link:
working on both ends: index.php?option=com_fabrik&{formview}&formid=113&rowid={rowid}. This will give .../form/113/
For the form ADD link however there is an issue:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&{formview}&formid=113. This will give .../form=/113/ and this is not working on both ends.

I don't see where this extra = is comming from; its not in the code you comitted.
Do I need to use a different link for the add? I tried several, but no success.

-henk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back