Custom URL not finding row ID ({rowid})

nrsmoll

I am trying to create a new form based on existing lists and joins, and used the "save as list" to create the new lists and forms. Either I seem to create orphan records in the child table (not linked to the main table), or, I get the error:

"Error
We are unable to find this record"

The database structure is:
Main list is joined to a visits list, procedures list, and 5 outcomes lists.
The list generated for admin researcher use works well, using the links in the "related data" tab in "elements" then "data" section.

I copied the list and recreated the joins (using the "Save list as" method discussed in a recent post ->
(Forum post titled: "Copy list" not working, while "Save as Copy" to copy works but doesn't copy joins)

In this form, I have tried linking the data using two methods:
1) Using the related data tab in "elements" then "data". When I create a new record, it doesn't create a related record with the primary key from the "main table", so I am left with orphan records. I am sure that my joins are correct.

The record is created, just the information from the "main table" or the primary key is not "joined" or carried over (not sure what is the cause).

2) Next, I tried using the "Add" function in "elements" - "details" - "links" section. I input a custom link into "Custom Add URL" filed
Custom link: index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=78&rowid={rowid}

Maybe this is a problem with the "save list as" function? Or am I missing something?

Hi Hugh,

I have tried your link. If I click on the link directly, I go to a blank page, as seen in the attached screenshot.
Same thing happens when I click on "You!" and "My Sites" in my user homepage.

Interestingly, I went to review the Primary Key. In the dropdown "Lists>Data>Primary Key" it gives me several choices for ID variables, but they don't give me the complete list of all the elements that are associated with the List or table named "Main". Eg. I have the option to select id (which is selected), and then "First name", "Last Name" "date of birth" etc, but I don't have an option for elements I added later, such as "Study Participation".

I compared the "Main" list, to the new (copied) list "Patient-driven data entry" and the options in the dropdown "Lists>Data>Primary Key" appear to be the same. One works, and the other (copied list) doesn't.

Feel free to email me, and I can give you the backend access.

The list (with joins) that works is the one labelled "Main", ID=70, and "Visit", ID=66. (I created two list structures to get it all to work initially, which I think may have been stupid and redundant. (But was just trying to get the solution to work).

The list structure that doesn't work (giving me orphan rows, or "Error We are unable to find this record") is the "Patient-driven Data Entry", ID=74.

Thanks
Nick

PS. Is the X-ray with evidence of cervical fixation work, in your profile pic, work that was done on you?

Attachments

• fabrik.png
    fabrik.png
    872.7 KB · Views: 34
Weird, I've never seen that issue with My Sites.

Can you find me on Skype (hugh dot messenger at gmail dot com)?

Yes, that was an ACDF I had done a couple of years ago, shortly after an L5-S1 TLIF (and L3 to L5 laminectomy). Unfortunately L4-L5 is now bulging badly, the sciatic pain is back, and it's only a matter of time before it herniates and I'll need another TLIF. All the eventual result of a nasty motorcycle wreck I had in my teens.

One of these days I'll change my profile pic to an actual picture of me. :)

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back