CSS issue with empty or null Fabrik layout rows

nickbunyan

Folks,
I would appreciate a steer. I am using the new Joomla 3.2 with the latest github Fabrik RC. [15th Nov 2013]

I have a table which I am displaying within an article using the conventional syntax. So far so good.
In this table I do NOT want to show 'Group By' buttons or Navigation, but the default template includes a row for each, one at the top and one at the bottom of the data.
There is nothing in either of these two rows except a 'span' entry - presumably to allow space for the buttons if I were using them... and it is spoiling the table layout with these 'blank' rows.

Things I have tried to get rid of them include trying to set the height to zero, copying the div template and creating a custom css file which sets fabrik___heading to display:none and a variety of other fudges.

I THINK the right way to do this would be to modify the template_css.php file so that if the relevant section is not required, the code is not generated... but that is beyond my skill level without a huge amount of trial and error, which might break something else.

Has anyone found a simple way to hide these 'blank' rows or do I have something seriously screwed in my setup? Any help much appreciated.
clip.JPG

Beside setting all filters, navigation, csv, pdf and groupby-access (in data) to no, nobody...
Add custom CSS
#listform_$c td.groupdataMsg {display:none}
#listform_$c tfoot {display:none}

Don't modify template_css.php, add custom_css.php (see example file in bootstrap folder)

Beside setting all filters, navigation, csv, pdf and groupby-access (in data) to no, nobody... <== Have done this I think
Add custom CSS

#listform_$c td.groupdataMsg {display:none}
#listform_$c tfoot {display:none}

Don't modify template_css.php, add custom_css.php (see example file in bootstrap folder)

Will try remodelling custom_css.php again Troester - but it does not seem to be being called... Will revert shortly. Thanks.

Hi Troester.

This is what happens.

If I copy the whole of the Bootstrap folder to a new folder called Shoelace and create a custom_css.php file with your suggested entries, go to the List and set the Front End template to Shoelace, it doesn't change anything at all.

If I copy the custom_css.php from Shoelace to Bootstrap it works and removes the un-needed lines - EVEN if the List is still showing Shoelace as the assigned template :confused:

This seems to suggest that the template assignment in the List back-end is not working as it should I think...
...and I also feel that fabrik ought not to generate 'not-needed' segments somehow.

Either way - MANY THANKS for the correct syntax example.

hi - are you doing:

Code:
{fabrik view=list layout=shoelace .....}
to define the template that the content plugin should use? I tested and this works fine for me

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back