Count Occurrences in a list

gcopping

I want to count the number of occurrences in a list and have set in List View Settings/Calculations "Count Records" to "Yes" but it does not display anywhere. Can anyone help with this?

Also I would like to display this count value in an article on my website - how would I do this, as I cannot see how I would do this in a Visualization?

Thanks in advance.

For the total records in a list you go to the List settings at:
Details / Navigation and you select 'Show Total' -> YES
It will be displayed in the bottom of the list

To show the total records you should enable the content plugin fist and follow what the WiKi says.
Otherwise you can do it using an external extension like Sourcerer.

List View Settings/Calculations "Count Records" to "Yes"
This setting is for an element and you will see it only (at the end of the list in the element's column) if you display this element in list view.

Thanks for your replies.

However when I go to List Settings/Details there is no Navigation option to go to, so where do I find "Show Total"?

Also what Content plugin should I enable, as there are a number of Content plugins and some are enabled and others not enabled. Additionally I don't understand how the Wiki info on Content plugins would enable me to do what I wish.

Any info greatly appreciated.

What @troester described is on the element page to count per element and in order to see it on the list view you should have the element displayed in list view.
However if you just need the number of records exist in the list, you have to make it from the List settings.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back