Conditional display (tabs and elements)?

RobertG

Hi,

I created a form using 3 tabs (2 for selecting details, one for summation) to estimate the cost of a stay and one to book it if the client agrees with this quote.

I would like to hide by default the last tab and 3 elements (1 display text and 2 textareas) in the summation group, and allow the visitor to clic an element (button, radio button or else) to display these hidden details.

I didn't find how to hide by default the elements and the tab, and be able to display them after the visitor has chose to book.

I actually tried with radio buttons, set a value zero to "No", a value one to "Yes".
I added JS to hide when the value is <1 and display when the value is 1 but it doesn't work, as if the value of the radio button were not recognised.
May I use a calc element to do this?

Thanks!

Thanks,
Thats what I did with JS, but it seems that the value of the radio button is ignored by the JS.

Attachments

• Capture d'écran 2023-06-19 111342.png
    Capture d'écran 2023-06-19 111342.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 52
If you want to hide something on form load you also need a "onload" action.
Radio elements need "onclick"

Thanks troester.

With load, click and change actions I can now hide or display the details of a tab.
But the title of the tab remains displayed.
Is there a way to hide the empty tab too?

I have another problem: in the hidden tab I have a calc plugin using the "birth" date plugin (I dindn't tried with the birthday plugin) to determine whether the student will be a minor or of full age during the stay.
As we see in the picture, the student is now no more a minor, so the text below should be hidden.
When I change the date to define it for full age or minor, the validation works but the text remain displayed and I can't find where the error happens.
On a previous version where the tab was always displayed, I didn't have that error.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-06-20 092322.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-06-20 092322.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 48
Interestingly I fixed this yesterday for my own site. unzip this attachment into your joomla root directory.

Attachments

• formjs.zip
    34.9 KB · Views: 41
Hi,

Another question, please.
On my form I want to add a "form" submit button and display it only if a database join field row is selected (mandatory).
I think it's not possible, so I used a button in the last group. But I don't find what event(s) and what predefined action could do the job, in the JavaSript tab of the element.
Could you explain how to do?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back