checkboxes lose value after validation rev 885

akirasrebirth

Hello

I have a form with checkboxes and other elements with a validation. If I fill out the form and there is an error caused from the validation, the form will reload displaying the error, but the previous entered values in the checktboxes are gone.
Also the upload element has this problem.

Also a request: it is possible to check first the validation rules of all elements and then begin with the upload of the image of the upload element. Its annoying if you upload a big picture: you have to wait long and then you have an error caused from the validation rule of another element.

Cheers
roland

the latest svn code works correctly for displaying previous choices for check box elements. You can get this by following the link in my signature.
File upload elements simply can't (ie the browser doesn't allow it for security reasons) redisplay the file previously selected.

For the request, this feature will be coming in 2.0, its not coded yet, but we will be allowing for AJAX validations of the form data.

My site is doing the same thing and I have got to fix this. It is the only thing holding me back from advertising my site. I have created an application and it has lots of checkboxes, drop downs, and radio buttons on it when the application is filled out and you hit submit it switches back to the default and tells the user that the field needs to be filled in. You can check it out at http://onlinetruckdrivingjobs.com/component/option,com_fabrik/Itemid,101/

Just to make sure of something for me, can you turn of SEO and see if it works?

And, what version of Fabrik are you running?

-- hugh

Ooops. I keep forgetting which browser I'm logged in as who on. The above is indeed from me. I think. Probably. It was more than 5 minutes ago, so the memory is hazy.

-- hugh

No I really can not turn off my SEO I am using SEF404 and I am using Fabrik 1.0.5.2, but I have the updated it with the svn files.

Okay I just tried it agian with a radio button. I did not set any of the options as defaults, as I do not want any of the radio buttons checked by default. Then I hit apply and it selected all of the radio buttons as selected by default. I am new at updating svn files I hope I am doing it right. I am right clicking on my fabrick svn file folder on my and then clicking update svn. After the update is complete then I am exporting the updated files to a new folder. Then I am uploading the new administrator, component, module, and mambot files and overwriting the existing files. Is this correct?

I am right clicking on my fabrick svn file folder on my and then clicking update svn. After the update is complete then I am exporting the updated files to a new folder. Then I am uploading the new administrator, component, module, and mambot files and overwriting the existing files. Is this correct?

Yes, that's correct.

We're looking in to the default selection stuff now.

-- hugh

hi

try giving your checkbox options values - without that fabrik doesn't know which one to select.

the svn checkout method you have in place seems perfect.

cheers
Rob

I have never done that before. Can you tell me what value to put in if I do not want any options selected by default?

Thank you,
Brittani

What Rob means is, it looks like you haven't filled in the Value field in the checkbox items. For each checkbox item, you have to specify a Label (what gets printed next to the checkbox) and a Value (the value that gets inserted into the database, or in emails).

You can just make the values the same as the labels, if you don't have any specific alternative you want to use.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back