Can't post comment on basic form with comment and juser plugin

muldereric

I have a fairly basic form that allows non-members to apply for our community.
Because applicants are not automatically accepted, I added the comments plugin to the form so administrators can post comments on an application. The comments plugin is configured to allow administrators to add local comments in Edit mode on the Front End.

As test I ran through the form and filled everything out and submitted the data. So far so good, the record gets added and the user is created by the juser plugin.
I switch to the list view where I can now see my newly added record. I click on the edit button to edit the record, which opens the form with the data of that record, and at the bottom I see the comment box.

First of all, I am seeing the text "Please sign in to leave a comment" text, which I think is weird, as I am currently logged in on the website as a Super User group member.
Secondly, when I enter text in the comment box and click the "Post Comment" button, a grey overlay comes over the comment box with a spinner in it, though the spinner is disabled on the form.
Third thing is that the spinner stays and never goes away and my comment is never saved.

I thought it may have been a glitch during installation of all plugins, so I uninstalled everything and reinstalled it. No luck and so I still have the same issues.

Is anyone experiencing the same behaviour and knows how to fix this? I really would like to be able to use the comment function!
Provided a comment can be succesfully saved, in which table will it be stored (so I can check if it actually does save the info)?

Joomla version 3.4
Fabrik package: 3.3.3
Fabrik plugin versions: 3.3.3

Same with me
Joomla 3.4.5
Fabrik package: 3.3.4
Fabrik plugin version 3.3.4

hope there will be a solution
menno

Have you tried a recent github update? I've fixed some issues with the comment plugin since the 3.3.4 release.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back