Calc Element Ajax update not working after update to 3.1rc1

mibert

Hi there
hope you can help me.
Since I have updated to Fabrik release 3.1rc1 on last weekend, the Ajax update of the calc element seems not to be working.
The field should automatically refresh the calculation with every change of the data inside a form (Ajax mode enabled) by using a mathematical formula.and it was working fine until 3.0.8.
Once I press the Send button, the actual calculated field is stored correctly in the database, so calculation works.
Only the display and Ajax updae during Editing does not work.
Do you have any idea, how this can be fixed.
I am using Fabrik 3.1rc1 Component with the calc plugin 3.0.9 (seems this is the latest version) on a Joomla 2.5.14 platform.
Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Best regards
Michael

Not that this helps you, but did you manage to upgrade it from 3.0.9 to 3.1rc1 on a Joomla 2.5.14 ?
Can you let me know where you downloaded the upgrade?

Hi there,

yes, I did manage to do this.
I have downloaded the 3.1.rc1 package from this website, unpacked it and installed each component, plugin and module seperately. I could not install the package at once by some reason.

It is important to install plg_system_fabrik_3.1rc1.zip before the component.

Best regards

Michael

I even tried updating one by one... I think I will try removing 3.0.9 and do a clean instal of 3.1rc1
Thanks for replying

If you are working on a live site, and want to run Fabrik 3.1 on a J! 2.5 site, I'd strongly suggest cloning your site using Akeeba to a 'sandbox' you can test an update in. There are some issues with Fabrik 3.1 on J! 2.5 you may need to work around, mostly to do with templates, as 3.1 is very much oriented towards the new Bootstrap stuff in J! 3.x. There are also a few other issues which may or may not effect you, depending on what templates you use, how much custom coding you have added, and what features / plugins you use.

@milbert - I'd suggest grabbing the latest github code, and re-upload EVERYTHING to make sure you don't have a mix of 3.0.x and 3.1 code.

-- hugh

Dear Hugh,

thanks for your advise.
I have done, what you suggested and now my forms are working again.
When looking into the Joomla Admin, I still have a mix between 3.1rc1, 3.0.9 and even 3.0.8 after uploading the GitHub and still Joomla suggest me to update 140 fabrik elements. Please see attached PDF with the complete list.

Also the Calc element is working again but another issue occured.
In previous version of Fabrik, it was possible to include HTML into the description field (i.e <strong>Test:</strong><br/>this is a second line)

This seems not to work anymore. Is there any workaround for this feature.

Thanks in advance for your support and best regards

Michael

Attachments

• Erweiterungen - Verwalten.pdf
    177 KB · Views: 648
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back