Bug: 'user' element SQL uses incorrect column name

Sophist

Seems to work in a list but not in a form.

The issue is that it should create an SQL column definition like:

Code:
`j3_users_0`.`Name` AS `me_stats___createdBy`, `me_stats`.`createdBy` AS `me_stats___createdBy_raw`,

where `Name` is a field in the joomla users table, but instead it uses the base table field name:

Code:
`j3_users_0`.`createdBy` AS `me_stats___createdBy`, `me_stats`.`createdBy` AS `me_stats___createdBy_raw`,

I have traced this back to line 572 of user.php which sets variable $k2, but I have no idea how to fix it without potentially screwing something else up.

The User element extends the DatabaseJoin element, but instead of using the 'join_val_column' fieldname to store the column to display it uses 'my_table_data'. I haven't traced this back to why it causes a problem. But we cannot change the field name because of backward compatibility. I have tried overriding 'protected $labelParam = 'join_val_column'; at line 83 of databasejoin.php with protected $labelParam = 'my_table_data'; but this doesn't make any difference.

So I guess that we probably need to override databasejoin's getJoinLabelColumn() method, but I am not sure how to do this in a way which won't screw something else up.

If anyone can please help with a fix I would be most grateful.

P.S. The SQL for other elements puts the _raw column after the non-raw one, so if we can move lines 580-581 to before 574 when we fix this, that would bring User inline with other elements.

I can't replicate this, it works fine in list and forms ...

From form view debug:

Code:
`fab_main_test`.`user_id` AS `fab_main_test___user_id_raw`, `o9nbf_users`.`username` AS `fab_main_test___user_id`,

From list view debug:

Code:
 `fab_main_test`.`user_id` AS `fab_main_test___user_id_raw`, `o9nbf_users`.`username` AS `fab_main_test___user_id`

Is this on your list where you are doing some kind of inner right join, do the hokie kokie and shake it all about?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back