Autofill Plugin Error after 3.4.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

degarrin

Hello :)

We noticed an issue with our Autofill after the update. All of our forms that use autofill appear to have the same problem where it just says "performing search" with a grey spinner when a form is loaded. If the form is new, information is not filled. However, it looks like in existing forms the autofilled info is there in the greyed out form. But either way, the form is just stuck.

I did clear the site cache, of course, after the Fabrik update. I also went into a few of the forms after I noticed the problem to check the autofill plugin parameters and they were still correct. However, a review of Firebug shows the following error:

autofill_error.PNG

I do use a jQuery plugin called jQuery Easy on my site, but I have had it installed a long time and autofill; it's currently set to use jQuery v.1.11.3.

Any help is appreciated, as always.
Thanks!
Angela

Joomla: 3.4.8
Fabrik: 3.4.2
PHP: 5.5.30

hi, i also have the same problem,, somehow suddenly all of my autofill is not working ?
The information is not filled, although my form is not stuck on the "performing search" spinner.

firebug console attached :

Attachments

• 19-Jan-16 10-22-37 AM.png
    19-Jan-16 10-22-37 AM.png
    20 KB · Views: 266
Same question, can you point me at a non-working form. I can't duplicate this problem on my test forms.

It looks like something other than the JSON response is getting returned. If you can't point me at the form, can you use a debugger (like Chrome's Developer Tools) to look at the network response to the AJAX call, like this:

http://screencast.com/t/jC7kuVaWL8jJ

The response should only contain that mapping of element names and data in a JSON string, wrapped in {}. That error you are getting suggests there is something after that closing }.

-- hugh

Hey Hugh,

My apologies for the delay in responding. Here is a URL to a form with autofill: http://www.degarrin.net/membership-home/membership-petition. You have to be logged in to see that page; super admin credentials are in the "My Sites" area.

I checked and there isn't anything after the closing }, even hit the delete a few times and saved it again just to be sure, but no luck. I watched your screencast above (thanks for that, btw) and I am not seeing a response like that. I did see some odd errors from my chat program (I'll have to check into that), but disabling that program didn't fix the problem with the autofill (didn't think it would, but one can hope, right?).

If it helps, the majority of the autofill are based off my site registration form. But I haven't changed anything there either since the update.

Thanks!
Angela

OK, I see the problem. Stupid error on my part when doing "autofill on load", which I obviously didn't test. Bad Hugh, No Donut.

Working on a fix now.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back