Autocomplete on CDD elt, should it work ?

lcollong

FabriKant d'applications web
Hi,

I have a CDD elt (cities) watching a DBjoin elt (State). Rendering the CDD as a dropdown or radiobutton work perfectly but if I set it to be rendered as an autocomplete field, the dynamic menu never trigger. When I change the parent element (state) the spinning wheel compute for a while as if it was building the list but the field itself never trigger the dynamic list as you type as it should.

Also, even while rendering as a Dropdown menu, firebug shows a js error in element-min.js : TypeError: form_24.formElements.get(...) is null

I do not have any others js script on this page.

This a J2.5 with a few days ago Master's zip full update.

Is this feature suppose to work ? Is it a site specific problem ?

EDIT : Actually I had a erroneous js script attach on an improbable element... :-( I've found it unpublishing half by half all my element.

However, I have a related problem due to the way that the city have the first letter capitalized. So, if I start to type 'amb', the menu shows Cambes but not Ambes. Whereas if I start to type "Amb", the menu shows Ambes but not Cambes which is much more "acceptable". So the search is set to "contains" (although you can't change it as per the DBjoin element) but it is not case independent. Would it be possible to fix ?

HI Jerome.
I'm not seeing an issue with the autocomplete and case sensetivity - which site is this form on?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back