Any CSS gurus want to help me?

cheesegrits

Support Gopher
I need a CSS guru - or at least, someone who knows more about CSS than I do (which isn't hard!!) - who can lend a hand.

I'm trying to redo the checkbox / radio button layout so it uses CSS instead of HTML tables, and it's driving me CRAZY!!!!!

I'm using the table, table-row and table-cell "display" style, and I've almost got it working. But the problem is widths and correctly justifying the columns so the actual checkbox box itself lines up vertically, regardless of whether the element has "label before element" selected or not (i.e. if the box is before or after the box label).

If there are any volunteers, I'll need your IM (MSN, Yahoo or Skype).

-- hugh

Come on Guys 'n' Gals ... there must be SOMEONE out there with a good grasp of CSS who owes me a favor!!

-- hugh

We all might think we know everything about everything (I know I do!)... but we really don't. So, maybe if you provide us with some clarification into the "depth" of guru your looking for, maybe by posting a portion of your CSS problem, we can assess our level of "guru-izm"! All equations are relative.

Scratch all that... I just saw the full post! Hugh, feel free to delete my idiotic post!

CV

Any progress on that issue ? I am using Fabrik 1.0.6 and indeed the checkbox display is somewhat erratic.
I am still VERY new to Fabrik and at the moment I try to work more on tables and stuff, but I will have to solve this checkbox display, so I will help if I can.

I think Rob has some newer and better code for the 2.0 checkbox/radio styling, I might have a look at back porting that.

The only other alternative is to go back to using a table to style them. I know that's a Bad Thing, and we shouldn't use HTML tables for just style purposes, but ... it works ...

-- hugh

It is also possible to not use table and add some specific sytle in the template_css.css file of the template to fix specific issues.

For instance, I add the following rules for some tables I had and it - seems - to work (not tested in all browsers though)

div#jos_fabrik_formdata_8___matieresformateurs, div#jos_fabrik_formdata_8___villeformateurs, div#jos_fabrik_formdata_9___matieresetudiants {
float: left;
width: 500px;
}

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back