A list within a form

sdavies68

Is there any way to display a list within a form?

I have a form which is associated with specific users. The form has various address details etc.

I then have another group which I wish to display a list of other records associated with that user in a table rather than dropdown.

Is this possible?

I have tried a display element and used {fabrik} content plugin that it does not work (it works ok in other articles).

Regards

OK. So I have worked out that I can create a package which has both form and list, but when I install the package - which works ok - I have created a menu item linked it, but there is nothing displayed on my page?

You can't have a list within a form (or the oposite) because you can't have a <form> tag inside another <form> tag.
Depending of the content of your list, I would try to display the list in a module (fabrik list module) displayed on the same page as the form.

You can display a list in the form intro ({fabrik...} syntax)
You can display list + form in an article (list can be filtered via URL)

Packages are work in progress (not really functioning yet), they are for exporting/importing parts of your fabrik application to other web-sites.

Edit: just seeing jfquestiaux' post:
the form intro is "outside" the <form> tag so you can include the list there (compared to a list displayed in an element)

You can display a list in the form intro ({fabrik...} syntax)
You can display list + form in an article (list can be filtered via URL)

Packages are work in progress (not really functioning yet), they are for exporting/importing parts of your fabrik application to other web-sites.

Edit: just seeing jfquestiaux' post:
the form intro is "outside" the <form> tag so you can include the list there (compared to a list displayed in an element)

How can you display a list in a form intro... can it be done in a group intro?
syntax for list with a filter? Tried to use this in Group intro and it just displayed it as text line ...
{fabrik view=list id=17 tablename___element_name={$my->name} showfilters=0}

In the "Options" tab of the form setting, check that "Process Joomla plugins" is set on "details and form views". By default, it is set only on "Details view".
Of course the Fabrik content plugin must be installed and published.

I changed the options to detail and form views but I just get this in text form... in the group intro...
{fabrik view=list id=17 tablename___element_name={$my->name} showfilters=0}

Does that mean it can not be done in group intro.. just form intro?

Troester is correct. It would work in a form intro, but not a group intro. Not a Fabrik thing, it's a limitation of HTML. You can't embed one HTML form within another, and Fabrik lists use HTML form's, for the button and checkbox handling. The form intro goes before the opening form tag, but the group intros are embedded within it.

Also, the plugin spec is wrong, you have to use square brackets for placeholders when writing plugin strings, like table___element=[$my->name], to avoid issues with nested {}, which screws up J!'s content plugin handling, which is done with regular expression searching ... which doesn't handle nested delimiters. Basically it gets to the first closing } and stops.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back