Recent content by nclaypool

1. N

Bizarre Results from Calc Element

I think I might have figured out where I went wrong here...I was missing the "$mydb->setQuery($myquery);" line. However, with that line added back in I now get a SQL syntax error: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the...
  2. N

Bizarre Results from Calc Element

I have a form with a calc element that takes the extended price of a repeating group, adds it up, tacks on the additional fees element then saves that as the grand total. I've been fiddling with this element for a few days now as it caused all sorts of problems syntax wise when I moved up our...
  3. N

SOLVED - Changing to latest PHP results in "syntax error, unexpected ';'"

Ah, thank you so much, I stared at that for a long time and that never jumped out at me. That was all it took, once I added those quotes around those items the error disappeared. Thank you so much again.
  4. N

I have updated my signature accordingly, always forget about that. I am running 3.9.12 of Joomla and 3.9 of Fabrik. I did as you suggested and turned on Joomla's debugging which did at least indicate that it was a calc element that was to blame, not many of those on these forms so I quickly...
  5. N

So I'm finally able to transition from the very old 5.4 PHP version we were using since I got rid of some dated plugins. I select the latest recommended by our hosting company of 7.1 but upon doing so, when I go to add records to two of our most commonly used (and thus complicated) forms, right...
  6. N

Bizarre disappearing records

I sent you a Skype message, let me know if you didn't get it.
  7. N

It is called via a menu item. No other lists or forms on the such as module positions, its a list all by itself. Tried your suggestion by going to the list and before changing any filters or anything else, adding the code you reference, unfortunately as soon as something changed after the fact...
  8. N

Hello Hugh, thanks for your reply. I have checked the list and it is set to "No" for Ajaxify
  9. N

I have a system that is only used by a few people to enter records for a program they administer throughout our service area. One of the things they record is what's called a session, a single visit, indicated where it was held, which grouping of sessions it was a part of, when it took place...
  10. N

SOLVED: Public facing form for a repeating group

Oh my gosh, my Fabrik skills are super rusty, thank you for leading the way.
  11. N

So creating a new list and putting in the correct table ID results in Fabrik erroring out stating the table already exists...
  12. N

Ah, makes sense, thank you so much!
  13. N

Assuming that by doing so, I'll need to recreate the elements from scratch in that new list and be careful to make sure they point to the exact same column IDs on the repeat table?
  14. N

So I'm trying to find out if what I want to do is even possible. On a form I have a repeating group that our staff use to enter survey results from a handwritten survey form. To make their lives easier I'd like to set up a way for the survey participants to enter their own results bypassing the...
  15. N

SOLVED - Content Plugin - No Records

Understood, thanks again for all of your help!
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back