Wishlist (admin workflow)

koolaid2

1. Control if a ?new? element should copy it self to other copies or joins of a lists or not.
  2. Control which Group copied elements ends up in when element auto copy to other copies of my lists.
    I often have to unlink elements just to change group.
  3. Unlink elements from the elements list. (It's a real pain to open lot's of elements just to unlink them.)
  4. Set Default list configuration settings in Fabrik Main Joomla settings.
    To often I have to change the same things in new lists. In most cases I want Csv export/import to be off, "Group By icon" to be off and so on. I really want to control my default list settings.
  5. Link from elements list and edit page in admin to it?s form-settings and list-settings.
  6. Link from the lists and forms to it?s elements, both in the listing and inside the list/form-settings pages.
    I see that there is a ?Details? link on the lists which let you see your elements in a uniq view. Why don?t just link to it?s elements like: index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=elements&filter_form=1&filter_group=
    Done right it's possible to lower the amount of clicking in admin atleast 50%
  7. Render Databasejoin element as ?table whit radiobuttons or checkboxes and more than one element.?
    I now this can be "done" by using CONCAT() but that result is not always what you want or at least starting to become a tricky
    CONCAT(). Then you can pick a thumb, title and price and easy show of your "products". I can to someting like that by using a list view of products whit links to a form but that is not always what you want.
  8. Option to let Default element value overide stored value. Like if you have inside an order-form a "Send mail" Yes/no radiobutton you culd easy make it go back to No every time.
  9. Posiblity to show ex. a date_time field upon form-record creation whitout giving the user the option to change it. the only option I see is to hide the date_time element. Same problem I often have whit the Databasejoin elemen also. I want to show what walue I have selected for a user and I don't want him to be able to change it. I have used to do this by setting the edit-acces to a None Access level I use. Then I culd set values by url variables, let the user it but not edit it.
    After last update whit Fabrik 3 from github this don't work anymore. Any god ways of doing this?

I am not sure whether I agree with the specifics of some of these, but I do agree with the general sentiment i.e. that the admin interface needs tweaking to make it much more efficient by e.g. providing better defaults, allowing same changes to be made on multiple elements at once, and by providing direct links from element to group / form / list etc.

Point 9. sounds like a bug rather than an intended change.

9. is intended (and necessary): if "you" (the admin) can set non editable elements via URL everybody can.
It's just an URL which can be edited.

Actually, in general web security needs to go further than just prevent editing of the URL - it is pretty easy to use browser dev tools to see the contents of hidden fields - so if you want the data to be secret you have to prevent it being sent out from the server. Even if you don't mind it being seen by a user in dev tools, you also need to prevent them using dev tools to change the value.

In the example the OP mentioned, I think that the datetime or timestamp field access should be set to Special so that it is not rendered to the browser, and the Fabrik server php code should ensure it is updated when the record is saved.

Other examples, might be the user element (you would not want someone saving a record as if they were someone else), access level fields, password fields (if you pre-populate a password field with the existing password, the user can read it in dev tools) etc.

I think this is more an "unaddressed" issue than a bug.

It have never been possible to both show and create a value that user can't change.
Without doing tricks like setting the values true the url or using php.

You also have the same problem if you want to both show and update the a last_updated date element.

To get it to work you must hide it, if you to restrict form-editing access it also stop the date from updating upon save.

And every system people make that is bigger than just a form uses last_updated date elements, it can not just be me
that need to both show and update the last_updated date on record.

calc field cannot be changed by the user. And if you want a read-only field, you can always create a calc field which is a copy of whatever field you don't want the user to change.

Admittedly it would be easier to have a read-only option on anything that has input so that you can display it but the user cannot change it.

However, if last_updated is not updated unless it is rendered (which means that the user could potentially use dev tools to change the hidden value before it is saved), then hiding it is not sufficient to provide sound security.

S

I'm realy not so consernd about the security reagarding my last_updated fields, most om my stuff is intranet based and my business clients do not use any Dev tools.
It not so omportant if anybody realy want to change that date eather, I just want to show it for info.

But I see security issue...

I think that I had used the calc -element metod, but no I do not want to have any more dummy fileds in my database.

An option to create "dummy" fabrik-fields whitout db fields culd also have nice.
Espesielly for the calc element.

Another little thing:
I wuld like to have the "hidden" option on the dropdown, radio and checkbox element.

To often I go into a hidden field-element and want to change it to a dropdown element.

I do that, and the nfill out the dropdown values, then I save.
Then I don't see my new element, ofcource.

Sp I go back to change that element to be visible, be no there is no option.

So I most change that element back to a field, uncheck Hidden and then save.
Then change back to the Dropdown element, and then make the dropdown
option agein and then save..

Earlier fabrik version you culd just change to field and then uncheck Hidden
then change back to dropdown and all you options was still there.

not anymore...

Well - some elements do have a hidden option, so if you look and see how that works, it should not be difficult to add them to the dropdown, radio, checkbox, dbjoin, and field elements.

(I would do it myself, but am busy with other stuff at the moment. So why don't you have a go yourself in the spirit of Open Source self sufficiency. :) )

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back