Will Fabrik be updated to work with Joomla 4

AFAIK, it's "work in progress".

The obvious next question: "when?"
Purely based on the complexity of Fabrik, the facts of J! 4 being still in beta and J! 3.10 in alpha, and common sense, I think no one will want or be able to answer that. ;)

Last edited:
I would be happy with a confirmation that it's "work in progress". Timelines vary and these days that is especially true. Still, other developers have made statements regarding their J!4 readiness, JEvents for example. So when I come here, and I don't see a new forum thread, or news blog post discussing upcoming version plans, it makes me wonder if it is actually "work in progress".

I would be happy with a confirmation that it's "work in progress". Timelines vary and these days that is especially true. Still, other developers have made statements regarding their J!4 readiness, JEvents for example. So when I come here, and I don't see a new forum thread, or news blog post discussing upcoming version plans, it makes me wonder if it is actually "work in progress".
Given that Media-A-Team are using Fabrik in their commercial products for customers one has to assume there will be some move to J4 Fabrik. How this J4 version is made available is another matter.

Hello here
I’m wondering when we could get some news about J4 compatibility. Someone could share something about that?
In addition, can we get information about the main evolutions? JavaScript framework? Bootstrap 4?
Thanks

I agree with all comments above. But I think it must be very hard to make a call on Joomla 4 since there seems to be a lot of disagreement even within the Joomla 4 group about what Joomla 4 will be. I have read that, in many respects, Joomla 4 is a pretty radical departure from Joomla 3. But, Jooma 3 was also a radical departure from Joomla 2 and things worked out. We can't know the future but we do know, as another poster stated, that there is a lot of investment in Fabrik solutions that are entrenched in many organizations. Therefore, some go-forward plan will emerge to keep these apps current.

Almost 5 months since my initial post on this topic. Given that Joomla has stated a stable release of J4 will be available in March, and there is still no news of the intention of the developers, I have to assume this is the end of the line for Fabrik. Might be time to start planning for an alternate solution for my clients. They can't stay on J3 indefinitely.

Is there any updated news on "Fabrik 4 / Joomla 4 plans" with Joomla 4.0.0 RC expected out this week? No telling when Joomla 4 Stable will be released, and no news from Joomla regarding v3.10 in a while, but was wondering if there was a latest news update on Fabrik's end and if Fabrik 4's development has been un-paused? Thanks!

Robbie clarified that in the link above your post. From her post:
"Joomla 3.10 was introduced and quite honestly is a more pressing concern for us right now. So, our goals this first quarter will be to start testing Fabrik 3 against J3.10, and then to migrate our Fabrik 3 updates and changes in to the working Fabrik 4 branch and pick that work back up against the J4 beta with the same part time dev that was working on it before with us."

"If you are someone that would like to help with the Fabrik 3 to Joomla 3.10 beta testing, please by all means do try installing and playing around with it. Let us know if you find any issues so we can add them to the punch list.

If you are a dev with strong coding skills and knowledgable in Joomla and Fabrik, please DM me if you are looking for contract work."

The least we can do is load it up and try to break it ;)

Thanks Skip, that January post was the post I was referring to and asking if there are any updated news since then and if the development has been un-paused. I do see now that Joomla 4 RC 1 and Joomla 3.10 Alpha 6 has been released as of today.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back