WHERE for dbjoin using data in current form

darkroast

Ok, I know this is a stupid question, but...

I have a list "Cases" which includes a "productType" radiobutton element and a "modelNumber" database join element. In another list "Models", I have an element called "productType" as well.

What I want to do is this: when entering data in the form associated with the Cases list, when the user selects one of the productType items, the modelNumber database join will display ONLY those records where the productType in the Models matches the one selected by the user.

Any help would be appreciated!

Sounds like a job for the cascading dropdown element...
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/cascading-dropdown-element/

Change your modelNumber dbjoin element to a cascading-dropdown-element (as multiselct-dropdown or checkboxes).
The 'watch element' would be your productType radiobutton element name.
The 'foreign key' would be the element name used in the modelNumber cascading dropdown element that matches the key value of the productType radiobutton.

As the productType is changed the selected options in the modelNumber cascading dropdown should change.

If you're talking about removing the non-selected items completely from the modelNumber list - I suppose that's something that could be done with an onChange event using javascript/jQuery - but God only knows how it might affect the workings of the cascading dropdown.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/375508/removing-an-item-from-a-select-box

That's exactly what needed.

Now, here's a question / issue... it's not working when the watched item is a buttongroup. Is this a known issue? If so, is there a workaround?

Thanks!

I don't have enough experience working with the cascading dropdown element to answer that. Are you sure you have the correct (matching) values set in the buttongroup?

Thanks, Troester... Does your github entry mean it's something that's going to be worked on at some point?

This might be a silly question but what is a button group?
Took me a bit to figure that one out too.
In the options for a radiobutton collection, now there's an Yes/No option at the bottom labeled 'Button group'.
This creates graphical 'push buttons' that work and look more like the old real 'radio buttons' in your grandpa's 64 Chevy.
Looks just like the yesno plugin - but allowing multiple choices. Cool, ha?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back