• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Use Joomla Article as a Report is possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmoises

Hello, i have this question, i need to use and Joomla Article to create a type of a Contract and add some fields using Content Plugin, why and article because i like to give access a user to edit the content in the future, and my idea is something like this:

- Create a Customer Table (basic info, name, address, phone)
- Create a Service Table (Descriptio, Price)
- Create a Sales Form Where i Join Customer and Service (also Sale Date and Sale Number)

What i like to do is in the Sales Form after save, show a button to print the Contract from a Joomla article,

is This possible?

Thanks for any advise

p.s. I know how to make custom template but i need to give access to user to edit the joomla article.

It’s not always easy and quick to provide a complete solution here from scratch.
But you’ve been using Fabrik since a while now. So, I’d say go and build it based on what you know, common sense and Wiki. Should you run into a specific problem, come back here and tell us along with what you have so far.

I personally wouldn't allow users to directly edit the article containing contract. If you want to add styling, tables / divs and design it to be a little more professional looking, sooner or later some user will totally mess up your article layout.

Instead, allow user to edit the data in Fabrik from and add the field data to an article with content plugin.

Or use Fabrik's PDF functions with custom template to create your contract.

Thank you for you reply i was making some test and make it work using the content plugin and show element, the idea to let specific user to edit the contract is because contract change during a year and they need to upddate it, !

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back