Upsert plugin

aksmith

The F4 upsert plugin is not working on a dev site - same config as the F3 version on the production J3 site.
I tested the upsert target table on F4 - everything works.
I can use the php form plugin if need be, but can anyone suggest a way to debug/trace the upsert plugin?
Is this possibly another PHP8 issue?
I checked server php error logs - nothing of interest there.
-Alan

What is the exact "same config"?
What is "not working"?
You can set the J! error level and enable J! system debug, may be this will give some error messages.

Same config = connection to existing table/F list - same field values to be upserted.
It's supposed to create a new row in the target table with each submission.
The form itself works fine, but the targeted table does not receive new rows.
I'll check J! debug - setting error reporting to maximum kills an auto-complete field, but I'll try a lesser level.

setting error reporting to maximum kills an auto-complete field
Yes, this can happen. With debug on you sometimes you get spinners (may be produced by infomative error message in the browser's network tab) or you must disable such elements for debugging other places.

Quick update: the F4 Upsert plugin works fine with new tables, so I am simply replacing the old target table with one that has an identical structure. Not sure what went south with the old one, but delighted to find an easy fix for this project. I tested multiple upserts from the same form submission - everything worked fine and performance was quite snappy.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back