Trouble getting a connection on a moved site

cmendla

I had the same problem with two sites on the same host.

• Sites were joomla 2.5 / fabrik 3.0
  • Migrated sites to joomla 3.x / fabrik 3.3
  • Database connection info changed because of new hosting.
  • Went into connections to set up a new connection
    • localhost (same as joomla connection)
    • same user as the joomla connection I used (not root)
    • also tried root
    • Same pw as the joomla sql connection
  • Testing the connection failed.
  • If I look at the connnections table in phpmyadmin, the old connections have the pw in clear text but the new connection is encrypted.
  • On the one site, I set up a new connection and connected with that. However, I would prefer to use the same connection for joomla and fabrik. (Unless someone tells me this is a bad idea)
  • When I look in the fabrik connections after setting the password it looks like it is encrypted where it looks like A B CDS 3935 That isn't the real thing I see but an illustration of letters and numbers grouped and spaced.
I would appreciate any thoughts on how to get this to work. I saw some threads about this but they didn't seem to get me a a solution.
thanks
chris

Went into connections to set up a new connection
NO!!
Dont' create a new connection (all your existing list etc. are using the existing connection).
Just open the default connection (ID=1), check/correct the parameters, save (and trash + empty trash the additional connection).

Troester

Once again I owe you thanks..

I thought that I could create a new connection and then make that the default.

What you described worked. I got a message to the effect that "You have a new database so the fields are filled in for you".. I simply had to input the password.

It appears that I am good to go.

thanks again for your help on this.

chris

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back