Total element doesn't work with dbjoin elements?

mirceat

Hello,

I need to have a total of the Price element in a repeat group, but I can't make it work with dbjoin elements, the saved value in database is always 0 (0 is not even my default value for this element). Works fine using a field element instead of dbjoin (the values are saved to the database), but in this case the Price must be a selection.

Thank you

I can't replicate, it's working here.
Is the total shown in the form?
What is your exact setup?

Tested with both Sum multiple and Sum repeat (now is set to Sum multiple). The total is shown in the form only if i enable "Total on load", else is 0. The total element is in a repeat group (also tested outside repeat group, same problem). The element is set to be saved to database.

The element is set to be saved to database.
Any access settings (writeable) on your total element?
Any JS errors in your browser console when selecting a dbjoin? The total is updating on my site.

Sorry for delay..still can't make it works with dropdowns or dbjoin elements. The page source shows that the value for the "Total" element is 0, even if the javascript load the correct value, but this value is not saved into the database.

Works fine if the "Total" value is retrieved from an field element instead of a dbjoin/dropdown, but i need a dbjoin element to run a dynamic query. Please note that the query use placeholders to retrieve data from another elements.

No javascript error. I'm using Joomla 5.0.3

1711524723536.png

<input type="text" class="fabrikinput inputbox" readonly="readonly" name="contracts_tool___test" id="contracts_tool___test" value="0">

You can't calculate with calcs (and I think a dbjoin with ajaxupdate is also such a "calc").
You must repeat the query in you calc code.

You can't calculate with calcs (and I think a dbjoin with ajaxupdate is also such a "calc").

Ok, but it doesn't work even with a dropdown element, no ajax, just plain selections..

You must repeat the query in you calc code.

Where can I add a query for a "Total" element?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back