too many redirects when sef rewrite is on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostlyseven

Dear all,

On a live site I made a new form and this works when SEF is turned of. But the moment SEF is turned on it gives a "too many redirects".

This only happens with the form from Fabrikar, everything else is working fine....
- I used admintools from akeeba but deinstalled it.
- As I switched the .htaccess file off
- the config.php seems to look okay

Do you have any idea what I can do? I first thought that because of the complexity of the form that was the mistake, but I test form with a single field gives the same mistake.

I specially bought this supscription because it says 2 hours server support. I really hope you can help me fast. I worked on this the whole day and tried all kind of different things. But I am a hopeless novice in this.

I can send you admin & Pw to have a look at joomla website.....
www.faakersee.net

Which language switcher are you using?
Joomla build in or e.g. falang?
I can remember testing falang some time ago and stopped it because of SEF URL problems with fabrik.

Hi Troester, here we are... again. I seem to step in to one disaster after an other ;-)

I am using Falang. But the strange thing is, that the other form,(which I idiot deleted) was working with Falang.

Okay I swithched the language plugin of and SEF on and.... IT WORKS! BUT i get the following mistake from Falang:

• Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$active in /home/faakerseenet/public_html/modules/mod_falang/tmpl/default.php on line 29

• Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$active in /home/faakerseenet/public_html/modules/mod_falang/tmpl/default.php on line 29
Any Ideas?
And why was the other form working with Falang?
I dont want to translate the whole website again..... :-(

Seems it's not falang, it's the same with the Joomla build in language manager.

Fabrik is showing correct links (list view/edit/add icons, element link to detail) like
http://localhost:8080/j25pur/index.php/de/dummy-list/form/51/2

but during page load they are modified to

http://localhost:8080/j25pur/index.php/de/ist/details/51/2 (look at the missing dummy-l, in all cases the first characters of the menu alias are cut)

and so producing different errors, e.g.
-returning to Home
-#404 Category not found
-#404 Article not found
-Notice: Undefined property: ContentViewArticle::$article in C:\xampp\htdocs\j17fabrik\templates\temp\html\com_content\article\form.php on line 7

I assume "to many redirects" is one more error "variation"

No idea if this is a fabrik or Joomla SEF issue.
Rob/Hugh?

BUT i get the following mistake from Falang:
You would probably need to turn off the falang module as well.

Looking at the langauge switcher - I do remember this being a complete pain and very hard to figure out what was causing this.

ok this is what *might* be the issue - could you tell the difference between the page where the form worked and the page where the form didn't work.
Specifically does the form that does not work, contain another fabrik module?

During my tests, If my page has a form module in it then the routing goes haywire, and tries to route itself twice, resulting in the messed up url.

OK that seems to be the issue that I am seeing. I have committed a fix to the github repository for that.
Could you update and let me know if that works.
Failing that PM me a log in and ftp account and tell me what pages I need to look at to generate the errors and I'll debug with your actual site.

-Rob

@troester - yup although with my last commit I can have the login module on the same page as the form with sef and J's language switcher.
I'll go and post there asking them if they can test as well....

It WORKS.
Activated Falang and now redirects anymore.
Did not yet installed Admintools of Akeeba but that should be fine I hope.

Thank you very very much!!!!

Kind regards,
Mostlyseven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back