sorting joined sublists upon form load/refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcorver

All,

it seems all I find on the above topic is solutions with a long piece of PHP script being implemented somewhere; is that really the only solution for something that comes across as a basic functionality? For reference, I have a list with several left joins and buttons on a form that allow adding to the sublists. The addition gets done in a seperate form (popup) which closes on submission anf then the main form is refreshed to show the data. All fine, except for the new addition not being on top but elsewhere in the subform, hence the need to sort upon form load/refresh. Can anybody give me the most simple solution? If this is indeed PHP coding, a clean piece of code would be great. Thanks in advance

Maurice

Did you try to set the list ordering (List Data/Data tab)?
First "Order by" element must be a main-list element (so you can merge the records in list view).
Add your sub-list element, e.g. sub-list-id, DESC (if you want the last entry shown on top).

You can close solved threads by unchecking "open" in Threadtools (you can always re-open if necessary).

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back