[SOLVED]List layout problem in warp 7 framework of yootheme

tritongr

Hi

The list layout on the frontend of a site based on the yoo_joy template of yootheme is very bad. I downloded the Uikit layout from here but didn't change anyhing.
Where I have to intervene in order to make it look better?

Thanks

Attachments

• books.jpg
    books.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 412
Did you put the alt layout files in the right place? The most common issue with alt layouts is not putting them in the right place.

That said, I haven't looked at the Warp / UIKit stuff in a while.

-- hugh

I copied the files as per instructions:
To use, copy the files in the uikit folder to
/templates/myUIKitTemplate/html/layouts/com_fabrik
If this folder doesn't exist please create it

Attachments

• uikit_alt_layout_files.jpg
    uikit_alt_layout_files.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 119
Found the solution! No need of any alt layout files.
There is an option in the backend settings of the joy template to Disable Bootstrap and I simply turned it off.

Thanks anyway

Attachments

• warp_disable_bootstrap.jpg
    warp_disable_bootstrap.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 315
Yes, enabling Bootstrap in Warp 7 templates is a good first step for a better display of Fabrik's Bootstrap 2 templates and layouts. Just be aware of Yootheme's Bootstrap 2 in Warp 7 being a somewhat incomplete version, so you for some views and layouts you may need to add custom CSS.

I'd also recommend to add classes "uk-table" to tables and "uk-form" to forms, where it must not be the <table> or <form> tags, but it can also be a parent container.
Creating Fabrik template and layout overrides for the purpose is utterly helpful, of course.

And while you're at that, eventually consider replacing or adding other UIKit2 table or form classes as documented here.

As for Fabrik "div" templates, last time I checked the alt layout files mentioned and labelled UIkit2 were for Bootstrap 3, not for anything UIKit, so they won't help at all as any UIKit has nothing, really nothing in common with Bootstrap 3. Guess someone meant well but shouldn't have labelled them "UIKit".

Since a while I was going to create a set of Fabrik UIKit2 overrides but always only got to partial solutions dedicated to projects I've been working on.
Putting work into UIKit2 -- in Warp 7 with the included Bootstrap 2 option a brilliant framework -- has become less rewarding, because unfortunately Warp 7's fan base is decimated since Yootheme came up with their so-called "Pro" framework and UIKit3, where in terms of compatibility with Joomla standards and extensions nothing gets better (only worse, if anything), not to mention that after 2.5+ years "Pro" appears to be still "work in progress" with updates and bugfixes every couple of days. Whatever, it means that "out there" Warp 7 is losing the attention it deserves, not to mention that Yootheme isn't putting any work into it anymore.

P.S.: Please don't get me wrong... I've been doing a lot with Warp 7 and UIKit2, remain a fan and keep using it, and even believe that Yootheme are generally making good stuff -- it only takes a lot of extra work when using 3rd-party extensions and, since I mentioned "Pro"/UIKit3, it's just my personal opinion as a user of J!, Fabrik and else that Yootheme "Pro" and UIKit3 (a) took and continues to take far too long to be developed = become really useful, (b) is even less compatible than UIKit2 with the rest of the J! world, and (c) their support is simply out of this world -- at the wrong end. Amen. ;)

Useful information lousyfool. I will try to optimize the look of lists and forms according to your suggestions using uk classes as my work will go on.

This is an old site I needed to include Fabrik. I have stopped using yootheme templates since they abandon Warp and they started Pro. So I am in the same boat with you as a fan of Warp and no happy with Pro.

Now all my sites are based on Gantry templates and I feel much more flexible with it and the particles concept. Also Gantry is based on bootstrap so it is compatible with Fabrik out of the box. Uikit also is available after installing the relevant atom. I am very happy with Gantry. I hope the migration of the existing Gantry sites to J! 4 will be smooth when time reached. Of course every existing Warp site I have will be recreated from zero on J! 4 and Gantry.

Thanks

We use Gantry on pretty much all our direct client sites, and it's one of our reference templates, so good choice.

I'm VERY (very) very unlikely to do any more work on UIKit stuff, unless we get a paying client who wants it badly enough.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back