[SOLVED]Form group navigation other than prev/next or tabs

Basdub

Hi, I am currently displaying a form using the bootstrap default template with standard group navigation (prev/next).

I would like to add a dropdown nav-pills "Jump to..." menu in the navigation row.

First of all, do you think it would be possible to combine it with the current prev/next nav?

Since I always assume that things are possible, how would i go about it? Does the next/prev needs to be synchronized with it?

I also have noticed that the template render each group as a fieldset while the rendered html displays a div wrapper with page_X around every fieldset elements. I can imagine that a script does that somewhere am I wrong?

Would there be a way to combine those 2 navigations?

Ok I found some info but still need help. How can I execute FbForm.changePage(dir) from my script. My script is in form_1.js. My function is triggered from a listener on an li.click event. I can access to global FbForm but can't seems to have access to FbForm.changePage().

any help?

Do I need to modify form.js to get this done?
How do I get the Instance of Fabrik.FbForm?

I know I'm javascript rusted but wow this is difficult to find for something so simple.

Well I had to get sick of it to find it. Well i guess the hardest part was to find the documentation.

Here it is: well it all start there: wiki - forms - How do I ... Form Advanced - Form Javascript
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/form-javascript/

It just took a long time for Google to finally give me the right page. This was the search:

fabrik form javascript plugin

Well plugin wasn't required I guess.

I have search for instance of fabrik form class object

Well the solution is based on the accessibility of the changePage function.
From the link above you can access it by using Fabrik.getBlock(form_Id).changePage(1);

The Page is not the page number but the differential from the current page to the new page if I get it right.
I'll validate all that but at least you get the idea.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back