• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Simple Question

bascherz

I am trying to define a self-populating element that simply looks-up its value from another database table. Pretty simple. There's a table that contains records with zip codes (zip) and states (st) among other elements. I want to retrieve "st" by querying the zipcodes table and there's an element in the same list called "zip". So here's what I thought would work.

This element query is part of the list "love_region_names". The result of this must be the state (st) element value from the table "love_zipcodes".

Code:
// Get the zipcode from THE CURRENT RECORD
$zip = (int)'{love_region_names___zip}';

// Go get the corresponding state (two-letter ST abbreviation)
$db = JFactory::getDbo();
$db->setQuery("SELECT st FROM #__zipcodes WHERE zip=$zip");
$ST = $db->loadResult();
return $ST;

This should be trivial, but I cannot find any documentation showing how to do it with Fabrik. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,
Bruce

I finally did get this to work using a "display" field. The query is exactly what you'd expect, but this is the first time I've gotten the {table___element} reference to work. Can't believe it was that easy all that time.

I finally did get this to work using a "display" field. The query is exactly what you'd expect, but this is the first time I've gotten the {table___element} reference to work. Can't believe it was that easy all that time.
How did you use the Display Field? Can you share your solution?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back