Records displayed in list but not stored in DB

Angelov

Hi everyone,

I face a weird problem today with my fabrik form. I am using fabrik for the last 2 years so I am kind of familiar on how is working but nothing similar happens until now.

So, all my connections and standard configurations are ok, I have a menu item for the list and there are several pages of data that were submitted but when I go to my DB there are only 12 records (the first testings).

I try one more today and realize that my last record is not saved in DB.

The only difference from my rest fabrik projects is that the form is multilingual using the Joomla language overrides (everything is displayed properly). Nothing changed from the first testing records.

Any help is appreciated.

Is your Fabrik connection pointing to the same database you are looking at?

If you e.g. copied your Joomla site from a dev to live site and didn't adapt the Fabrik connection Fabrik is still working with the original database.

Hi Troester,

Yes, my connection is pointing to the same database. I have test the connection from the back-end also and everything seams good.

Also, on form submit I don't face any errors and I can see the record in the list data but not in the DB.

"Test the connection" is testing the connection and will success if you have access. But is it really pointing to the database you are looking at? Check host and database name.
Do you have more than the default Fabrik connection with id=1?
Which connection is set in your list?
Did you open the Fabrik connection and get "This is the original site connection. Please make sure this matches your main Joomla site database details"?

BTW: you are posting in the Joomla2.5 forum

You were right about the set up of the connection but, when I edit it all the fields were right (db name, user) I just paste again the password and the records updated.

So after resolving of this issue, can you explain me where the data were stored and how the list could display it?

Thank you,
Bokis

The data was stored in the database you were pointing at. The situation that usually happens in is if someone copies the site, and leaves Fabriks connection database the same, so it's still pointing to the original site's database, or if they change Joomla's configured database, without changing Fabrik's connection.

Note that Fabrik's metadata (the #__fabrik_elements, #__fabrik_forms, etc) is always stored in the local Joomla database - we use the default J! database connection for that. We only use our own "connections" for the actual list data, ie the tables the lists point at.

So if your 'site database' Fabrik connection was pointing at a different database, then Fabrik would quite happily function, storing our metadata locally in J!'s database, and the list data itself on the other one.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back