Popup window : no Editor for textarea element

Incremental

Hi,
in a 'Full page' Form, I have the editor with the 'Toggle editor' button
in an Ajax popup window, I do not hae the editor, BUT the 'Toggle editor' button with no effect.

Is it normal ?

we can't unfortunately hook into the text editor loading, it loads before the sytem plugins, so we can't 'fix' it for when we load the form via ajax, hence we only allow the plain text area in ajax loaded forms.

Sorry, don't understand if it's a bug outside Fabrik ?
Should you precise in the Wiki, if the Editor is only available in Full page ?
Thanks

Its to do with the order in which Joomla loads, so we can't provide a fix for it.
I've updated the wiki with that information

-Rob

hmm it should just load without any of the wysiwyg markup, so the toggle editor button shouldn't appear in the popup ajax window.
Is that not the case for you (with the latest github code) ?

There's no button now
BUT previously, I was able to open an Ajax Form in a popup with the following JS in List Plugin
Code:
var url = 'http://localhost/J31_F31/index.php/?tmpl=component&option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=4&rowid=' + ids[0];
Fabrik.getWindow({id:'uniqueid', 'loadMethod': 'xhr', 'contentURL':url, 'title': 'R?pondre'});
Now I get an empty window with all my Lists ! Just the Form title and icons to close/size...
Could it be your modification ?

I'm developing local as I can't go now to J3.2 with my hosting (OVH)
Any idea before I could migrate all my production versions ?

send a support call to OVH they should provide PHP updates (which I presume is the issue?)

I set up a new server wit J3.2. You'll find updated info on it in my profile.
  1. Log in in front end
  2. 'Fabrik' menu / List Contacts
  3. Ajaxify Links :
  • Edit : I get my Form
  • R?pondre PHP --> try to load 'Contacts' form
    another post :
  • R?pondre JS :
    --> empty window trying to use my Form template
    --> no displayed icon (same as used in PHP plugin)
Thanks for help, as I'm really blocked

R?pondre PHP
you cant redirect in your php whilst submitting the list via ajax. I can't think of an alternative option here.

R?pondre JS :
changing the redirect url to
http://www.beaupuis.com/index.php/?...ik_window_id=uniqueid&tmpl=component&iframe=1&ajax=1
works

tmpl=component is Joomla specific i tells Joomla to load simply the component part of the page (leaving off modules, menus etc). You won't want to touch that for this, perhaps you were trying to load a form template, in which case you would want to add &layout=foo to your url.

no displayed icon (same as used in PHP plugin)
should be fixed with this commit https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/30e824104fb63f7a7b4a68541e63f08acf89a450

R?pondre PHP
Don't know anything about AJAX, but I understand that all buttons invoke plugins through Ajax, so there are some limitations that I don't see....
I just want to immediately call a specific Form with a specific template, like with Edit button.
I'll do it in JS, but just to understand, there is no way to stop AJAX and then Redirect ?
Even if the List is definitely quit after ?

I added this precision to the wiki :http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/php-list-plugin/&noRedirect=1
Could you please complete technical argumentation. Thanks

R?pondre JS :
Yes, I want to load a specific Template.
I used your syntax. The call is working
BUT the window opens reduced. Not like when I click on Edit (Big size popup)
Thanks for help

R?pondre PHP
Don't know anything about AJAX, but I understand that all buttons invoke plugins through Ajax, so there are some limitations that I don't see....
I just want to immediately call a specific Form with a specific template, like with Edit button.
I'll do it in JS, but just to understand, there is no way to stop AJAX and then Redirect ?

As the wiki says, if you return false from the optional JS, then e won't run the AJAX call to the server:

If your code returns false, the button will not fire the request to run the PHP code.

But if all you want to do is run some JS, then you'd be better off just using the JS plugin.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back