1. Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.
    Dismiss Notice

only 1 cron/scheduled job runs

Discussion in 'Professional Support' started by skyrun, Dec 3, 2019.

1. skyrun

skyrun Active Member

Level: Professional
    i am pretty sure that if you schedule more than 1 scheduled job and they both are caused to run by the user hitting the site, that only the first one runs in that case. BUT the 'lastrun' time on all 3 are updated. there are no error messages. and in fact i get warnings, but only one ONE of the 3 jobs when i hit the website after setting lastrun to cause them to run.

we're trying to figure out why sometimes some of the jobs aren't running and this looks like the cause. i would think either all jobs would run OR at the least, only the job run should update the lastrun date so that the 2nd one runs on the next time a user causes the plugin to execute.

2. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Community
    That's certainly not the intent, it should run any that are queued to run. Have you looked at the #__fabrik_logs table?

-- hugh

3. skyrun

skyrun Active Member

Level: Professional
    nothing in there when running these jobs. i do see some things in there from other jobs that say (for example)

8,Undefined variable: log,/home/skyrunftp/subdomains/breckenridge/httpdocs/v3/plugins/fabrik_form/php/scripts/departurelistreporthtml.php,1483

(that's the script i am pulling in with the php plugin).

i assume 8 means E_NOTICE, so not likely an issue...

all 3 jobs are type php. can you try it out and see if it does the same for you? all 3 are marked done (as far as updating lastrun), but only one executes for sure.

4. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

Level: Community
    I just tested with 3 php plugins (updating 3 different rows in a table with different text), it's working as expected.

Although there's a strange thing with the log mails: each php plugin has a different log mail adress x1@, x2@, x3@ and I get 6 logmails:
    one to x1@
    two to x1@,x2@
    three to x1@,x2@,x3@
    So receiver 1 gets the logs from the others etc.

I checked in #_fabrik_cron, each has only one mail address in the params.

So maybe there's also some other "mixup". What are you doing with your code?