List Column update plugin

Wiki states: This list plug-in allows your users to select multiple rows and update the values in one or two columns.

How do you update more than one column?

Too Cool! Now I wish the plugin would carry the element formats into the popup Update window... Could have dropdowns or radio Buttons groups to do updates

I selected other elements to update, but only one column displayed... then when I submitted the update, only the column listed in front updated with the information provided in the popup.
The two other date fields selected were blank. So it seems that the update column can only update Text columns.

Last edited:
So is this the case ... update column only works with Text Fields?

I tried a Date field and when I click on the date picker... The calendar showed off to the left outside of the popup for column update with a transparent background...sometimes and other times the list and popup disappears and I end up on the Joomla Dashboard. Nothing was changed...

Radio Button and Checkbox Problems
"All" clears all column values in the selected records - spaces are inserted in each record
Only values shown in the dropdown are whatever values that have been previously recorded in the table.

If the Radio or checkbox has 6 options and in the current table there have only been say 2 options selected
and recorded in the table. Only those two entries are shown as options in the column update.

The inline edit seems to popup values that are defined for radio and checkbox... but in the column update, the options are only those already recorded in the table.

If an element is set to be a filter (in element's list view settings) the user select part of the updateCol plugin takes somehow the filter definition...
e.g. a field set to be a dropdown filter is showing as dropdown also in the updateCol (and it is impossible to enter a new value).

I assume this is similar in your case? Are these elements also filters?

If an element is set to be a filter (in element's list view settings) the user select part of the updateCol plugin takes somehow the filter definition...
e.g. a field set to be a dropdown filter is showing as dropdown also in the updateCol (and it is impossible to enter a new value).

I assume this is similar in your case? Are these elements also filters?
No I did not select any filters except for sorting by first name and last name , no prefilters or filters set except when searching....

I can put in values on dummy records and enter all the values for the radio or checkbox fields for the column update and they show up in the dropdown ...
If I delete the dummy records then the options disappear. So it seems to go through the list first to determine the values to be displayed. If the value has not been used for any row in the list then it does not show!

The date thing is a bit off... on the date picker

Last edited:
Radio Button and Checkbox Problems
"All" clears all column values in the selected records - spaces are inserted in each record
Only values shown in the dropdown are whatever values that have been previously recorded in the table.

If the Radio or checkbox has 6 options and in the current table there have only been say 2 options selected
and recorded in the table. Only those two entries are shown as options in the column update.
This is what I said, the update_col with user select has bugs:
in the update_col it's showing the filter settings (as I just found even if filter type=none), i.e. the "All" option, only recorded values if in your element's filter settings you have "Filter data"="Recorded data" etc.

You can set "Filter data"=show all to get all values in the dropdown. But it will still show the "All" option (which has no value and will then clear the column if selected).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back