Juser form plugin - editing usergroup

Bren

Hello all.
I'm using the jUser Form plugin and I’m running into some issues with user editing. I notice the wiki suggests using a type field or dbjoin on the userid. Which would be best? If dbjoin then I assume the Joomla users table & ID the data should point to, correct?
Also, I’m really wanting to be able to just edit a users usergroup. Is that possible without having to also update the users password (I’m trying to give an admin the option without having to worry about passwords). Also, how do I add an element for disabling/enabling a user?
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Troester.
Your suggestion worked great. I ended up hiding the password element from the manager access level, just to avoid confusion, though I do like that a blank password update ignores updating the user password on the Joomla side of things.
I would still like to give the manager the option to update a password for another user separately. So, I’m thinking of copying the password element, giving the copy privileges to the manger access level and then possibly adding a button beside each row on the users list to have a modal pop up appear for user password updates. I’m thinking of the same for a 2nd button for password resets with a pop up that says a password email reset was just sent to the selected user on that row. Just not sure how to put that together, yet. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the password update, with a manger access level, working with a calc element that I added to the list, versus a button. Still wondering how to do the button, or 2nd calc element, for password resets with a pop up that says a password email reset was just sent to the selected user on that row. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Not totally sure what you are trying to do.
But have a look at the update_col list plugin (you can add multiple, with and without sending emails).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back