Integrate Fabrik data into Joomla articles for content moderation

I am a relatively new Fabrik user. Having spent the last month reviewing Fabrik, Drupal,DotNetNuke, etc I have come to the conclusion that Fabrik is the correct tool for me if I can get my head around how to achieve the following:

My content is effectively comprised of business listings that the business owners can manage themselves, subject to their content being moderated. I have created sample Fabrik lists and forms to achieve the data capture, but am now stuck on how to integrate these into Joomla articles in such a way that I can use the Joomla publishing model.

I have spent hours looking for more info on the Content Plugin which seems relevant, but only got as far as embedding {fabrik view=form id=x} into an article to add a new record into my Fabrik list and then got cold feet as I am not sure if I am on the right path and need to get to a point that I can seriously commit to Fabrik (happy to become a paying subscriber once I am 100% sure I can achieve my objectives).

What I need to achieve is (I am using advert by way of a simple example):
(note the only reason I am thinking I need to embed my Fabrik form data into Joomla articles is to tap into their article publishing model. Perhaps though this is not possible and I have to code my own "published" status element in my lists and use filters to display published/unpublished/requiring review entries in my front end, and ignore Joomla articles for CRUD):
  • user displays a list of their adverts (Fabrik items owned by the logged on user - my list does have an "owner" element)
  • user selects an advert to edit, or requests to add a new advert
    • if the user chooses to edit an advert, the Fabrik advert form and associated data is displayed (embedded) in a Joomla article
    • if the user chooses to add a new advert, the Fabrik "new" advert form is displayed (embedded) in a Joomla article
  • once the user has saved the article (and the embedded Fabrik data), notify / allow a moderator to review/publish the article before it is visible to people using the site to search for services
  • Effectively:
    • Advertisers can see their own Fabrik content, make changes to it and add new content. The content they can add will depend on their membership type (eg paying advertisers can have ten gallery items, whereas free advertisers only get to add one gallery item)
    • Moderators/Administrators can see all Fabrik content, in particular unpublished content which they must review and publish
    • Public users can see all published adverts. They may see limited data if not registered.
    • Registered users can see published adverts - no limitations on what they can see.
Any guidance to the correct technique will be very much appreciated, and links to tutorials even more so. And of course confirmation that Fabrik is in fact the best tool for the job :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back