• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Fullcalendar question

rodeokid

Right now we can only choose 1 element that will be display in the calendar, but i would like to have 2 elements concatenate.
Possible to override this with placeholders somewhere ?
I can do what i want in the popup, but can't find how to display what i want in the calendar itself.

Thanks.
rodeokid

You mean the 'label' in the calendar? That can only be a single element. The workaround is to use a calc element that concatenates the multiple element placeholders you wanted to display, so if you wanted to (say) have the event title and a city name ...

Code:
return "{yourtable___event_name} in {{yourtable___city}";

Then use that calc as the label.

NOTE that I don't think the calendar runs calcs when it loads the data, so you'd have to either edit and save your existing events after adding the calc (to force the calc to run and save to the database), or (if you've got a lot of events) run a query by hand in phpMyAdmin (or whatever) to manually set the existing rows ...

Code:
UPDATE yourtable SET your_calc = CONCAT(event_name, ' in ', city);

... or whatever CONCAT you need for the desired result.

And of course, backup your database before doing any kind of manual operation on it.

-- hugh

Yeah i thought about the hidden calc i could do..i was just wondering if there was an easier way to do this with an override somewhere, cause if in 2 months somebody here ask me something else to show, i will have to work like a monkey to do it again without any loss...
Thanks
rodeokid

Nope, no layouts for that, it's all hard coded queries, via AJAX, and returned as JSON to the client side.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back