• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

form numbering sequence example 1-450 then after 450, will reset to 1 again

dhan0315

Hello everyone, I have a question if it is possible to have form numbering like for example.

after form 1 submitted successfully, it will have (counter number)=field type 1 then
the if next sender will submit the form again, then this will have counter number 2 and so on.
then after the form counter number reached 450 records submitted. the counter number will reset it to 1 again

this this condition:

if (form = submit successfully) {
if (counter number >=450) {
counter number = 1; }​
else {
counter number = counter number +1; }​
}

thank you in advance for your inputs. God bless!

there is a sequence element plugin for such things (numbering invoices for example).

there is a sequence element plugin for such things (numbering invoices for example).
thank you for your suggestion. I used already sequence element plugin. its pretty good to having sequence number but my question was it possible to reset the sequence to 1 after reaching 450??

You probably need two elements, something like: "number_of_set" and "counter_number". "Counter_number" would be a calc element where you calculate your number like:

Select maximum number_of_set.
Select maximum counter_number amongst maximum number_of_set.

if (maximum counter_number == 450) {
counter number = 1
number_of_set = maximum number_of_set + 1
} else {
counter number = maximum counter_number + 1
number_of_set = maximum number_of_set
}

And obviously you need to adjust the code like adding correct select queries etc.

You probably need two elements, something like: "number_of_set" and "counter_number". "Counter_number" would be a calc element where you calculate your number like:

Select maximum number_of_set.
Select maximum counter_number amongst maximum number_of_set.

if (maximum counter_number == 450) {
counter number = 1
number_of_set = maximum number_of_set + 1
} else {
counter number = maximum counter_number + 1
number_of_set = maximum number_of_set
}

And obviously you need to adjust the code like adding correct select queries etc.
honestly i don't know exactly where querries to add and pull out the record

Sequences are stored in a fabrik table (#___fabrik_sequences) which is pretty easy to update using a cron or a php onAfterProcess to modify. That what I use to reset the sequence every month (using cron in my case)...
In your case a small script could check the value and reset to 1 in case it reach 451....

tha
Sequences are stored in a fabrik table (#___fabrik_sequences) which is pretty easy to update using a cron or a php onAfterProcess to modify. That what I use to reset the sequence every month (using cron in my case)...
In your case a small script could check the value and reset to 1 in case it reach 451....
thank you for the idea

PHP:
$myDb = JFactory::getDbo();
$myQuery = $myDb->getQuery(true);

$myQuery
    ->select('seque')
    ->from('fab_senders_form')
    ->where('id = ' . $myDb->quote('control_no'));

$myDb->setQuery($myQuery);
$lastSequence = $myDb->loadResult();
return $lastSequence;

any idea what is wrong with this code, I'm actually trying to load the last sequence value from the last submitted form. but no display at all

J version: 3.10.11
Fabrik version: 3.10

thank you for the ideas

What is your current table setup? Do you have "set number" column like I suggested above. Or just the counter_number column (guess this is "seque")? If you have several sets of numbers from 1-450 without "set number" column, your result will always be 450.

At least you need to add MAX to your query "->select(MAX('seque'))" to not to get multiple values.
thank you. what i did here is that i'm trying to load value from the last record (seque field).

PHP:
$ctrInc='{fab_senders_form___ctrl_inc}';

$myQuery
    ->select('seque')
    ->where('id = ' . $myDb->quote($ctrInc));

$fieldA = $myDb->loadResult();
return $fieldA;

this exactly what i want to display the last value of seque saved, i guess 'where' function is missing something. when i tried to put numbers like '301' (which was the last id) fixed number, got the result of seque last value. actually the 'fab_senders_form___ctrl_inc' - this is the calc who retrive the last id value.

i'm trying to set query where 'id' = fab_senders_form___ctrl_inc (which is the last record).

if got the last record (seque) example seque value last record is '5'

from this i will create condition

if seque == 450
seque=1
else
seque = seque+1

then will save the record with seque value 6 since the last was 5 and so on.

i think finding the last record sort by id will help to determine the condition where to add +1 or reset to 1

i don't know if it is understandable. Thanks you for your answer anyway

Last edited:
Your code should ordered desc on id and send last id. Something like :
PHP:

$myQuery
    ->select('seque')
     ->order('id DESC')
    ->setLimit('1')
;

$lastSeq = $myDb->loadResult();
return $lastSeq;

PHP:

$myQuery
    ->select('seque')
     ->order('id DESC')
    ->setLimit('1')
;

return $lastSeq;

WOW great! it worked. that's what i need. thank you so much guys for your inputs. BIG HELP!

Last edited:
PHP:

$myQuery
    ->select('seque')
     ->order('id DESC')
    ->setLimit('1')
;

return $lastSeq;

one more question, i created php onload process in this form with ths codes. just to update the seque field, but it's failed to display any number., i don't know where to adjust the codes or where exactly need to put the php or js code

PHP:
$lastseq = $formModel->formData['fab_senders_form___last_seq_raw'];

if ($lastseq == "450")
{
  $formModel->data['fab_senders_form___seque']='0';

}else {

$formModel->data['fab_senders_form___seque']=$lastseq + 1;
}
thanks again!

You should try these lines (one after each other) before your own code to figure out what data are available
PHP:
echo "<pre>";print_r($formModel->data);exit;
or
echo "<pre>";print_r($formModel->formData);exit;
or
echo "<pre>";print_r($data);exit;

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back