• New Commercial Services Section

We have now opened a commercial services section here on the forum. If you have a Fabrik project that you wish to have someone work on for you, post it under Help Wanted. If you are an application developer and wish to earn some money helping others, post your details under Fabrik Application Developers.

Both of these are unmoderated. It will be up to both parties to work out the details and come to an agreement.

Filter list on user id

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikaelKjaerulff

Need to pre-filter a list by user id.

Have a list where all registered users can add records. Have a field (user_id_create) that is set to the user id when a new record is added.

I can prevent users from editing and deleting each other's rows. This is simple: in List -> Access set

Edit records = Super Users
or use field = user_id_create
Delete records = Super Users
or use field = user_id_create

This seems to work fine. What I would like is a “or use field” for View records.

What alternative methods could be used to limit users to only view their own records in the list?

/Mikael

Clearly, I must improve my skills in Wiki search and reading :) thanks.

Is the idea to also have it in the List --> Access as "or use field" for view worth an RFC?

/Mikael

There's no "or use field" for viewing.
But if the access options and prefilter are not sufficient you can add list plugins canedit/delete/viewrow for finetuning.

This is F3 Community forum, maybe it has different access settings...
Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back