File Upload Plugin is not working correctly when using filesystem or amazon s3 storage

Hello Tech support,

I am using Joomla 3.4, Fabrik 3.3.1 and the fileupload plugin ver 3.3.1. The fileupload plugin is saving the uploaded file to the database when using the file system as storage but will not allow the uploaded file to display in list or details view in both the frontend or admin. The following error message is displayed in the table cell, "You do not have permission to access this file".

Another issue with the fileupload plugin, when using it with amazon s3, I have correct details in s3 settings, but nothing is saved to either db or to amazon, and no error is presented.

I saw this post in the fabrik forum, http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/amazon-s3-fileupload-silently-fails.38486/ and added the lines of code directly to my amazons3storage.php but it didn't appear to make a difference so I removed it from my code.

I would like this to work where the amazon s3 link to the file shows in the list and details view. This worked for me years ago when I used the file upload plugin in Joomla 2.5. Any ideas how to fix this?

I can't replicate (with filesystem).
If you get "You do not have permission to access this file" you should check your permissions.
Is the file uploaded?
Can you post your exact element settings?

I can't say anything about amazons3 but it may be related.

No idea what you mean with "and added the lines of code directly to my amazons3storage.php", the code mentioned in the thread is included in amazons3storage.php

Hi Troester,
For the filesystem storage you stated to check my permissions, which permissions are you referring to? For the fabrik list and elements, I made the access all 'Public'. The directory path location for all of the uploads I am using is: /images/stories/ and yes, files are uploaded, the file just will not show within the fabrik list. Instead the message, "you should check your permissions" is in place of a link to the actual file.

From my cpanel file manager, the uploaded files within the /images/stories/ directory, I have permission 0644. In addition, I am able to navigate directly to the file from my browser. For my testing purposes, I uploaded images in .jpg format.

My fileupload element settings are as follows:

allowed file types - default
upload directory - /images/stories/
email files - no
obfuscate filename - no
link to file - yes
storage type - file system
ajax upload - no
use download script - both

It's no server permission.
This message is generated if the Joomla user has no access (ACL settings in element access setting or via "access element" in Download tab).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back