Fatal error on admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTLyon

Hi,

Today I was updating some extensions (I didn't even notice which), when I got a blank page. Then I could no longer access the backend, all I could see was a blank page.

I turned on the error reporting, and this is what was causing it:

Fatal error: Cannot declare class Joomla\CMS\Form\FormField, because the name is already in use in /home/____/public_html/administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/39/FormField.php on line 22

I changed the name of /com_fabrik/ to /com_fabrik_/. Then I got another fatal error with the fabrik plugin, so I did the same for the plugin.

I have now recovered the access to the backend, but the files are still renamed.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks

Today I was updating some extensions (I didn't even notice which)

Hi, you did not write, how you updated Fabrik (joomla backend or github). Renaming folders is not a good idea ;)

I would suggest to update via github the complete Fabrik package. In the future you have to update always via github.
If it's a live site, maybe you should make copy and update this first.

Cheers, Bianka

Hi, you did not write, how you updated Fabrik (joomla backend or github). Renaming folders is not a good idea ;)

I would suggest to update via github the complete Fabrik package. In the future you have to update always via [EDITED cause I can't reply if I quote a post with a link - wtf? lol]
If it's a live site, maybe you should make copy and update this first.

Cheers, Bianka

I only use Joomla to get updates. Why only in GitHub, is the extension not maintained anymore in the Joomla repositores? Renaming folders was the only way to get access again to the backend...

There seems to be an issue with (some) new Gantry versions.
One thing you could try is making sure that the Fabrik system plugin loads first. We have to override the standard JForms file in order to provide the "repeat" settings on the backend. So if something else explicitly includes that J! file before our plugin gets to it, this can cause issues.

Using a database client of your choice (like phpMyAdmin), in the #__extensions table, find the row with 'name' plg_fabrik_system, and set the 'order' to -1.

Which exact Gantry template/framework are you running now?

Gantry 5.4.36
Hydrogen template (helium also installed but not use)

I'll ask another person to try that suggestion you quoted (I don't want to mess up with databases xD).

Thanks

Thanks for reporting back.
You can close solved threads by unchecking "open" in Thread Tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back