1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

Fabrikar 4 - for Joomla 4

Discussion in 'About fabrikar.com' started by tibo, Sep 7, 2020.

1. lousyfool

lousyfool Well-Known Member

Level: Community
    AFAIK, at this point in time there is no "easy to install" package, yet. So, you (and other "non-developers", like myself) may want to wait until there's a call for public beta testers -- also to avoid an unnecessary flood of questions to the devs, which would only distract them and slow down the development process.

pakeydev and HyperOsmar like this.
  2. HyperOsmar

HyperOsmar Member

3. bascherz

bascherz Member

I'm a professional software engineer, though web development and PHP are more a hobby. I am available to support in any capacity. I was unable to locate the Github project.

Let's keep this critical Joomla! extension alive!!

beatty_t and pakeydev like this.
  4. beatty_t

beatty_t New Member

I'm willing to pitch in and help support this project in whatever capacity is needed as well. There really isn't anything as good as Fabrik for building custom apps within Joomla. As bascherz noted above this comment, I couldn't find a Fabrik 4 Git fork. Just the current Fabrik 3 repo.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  5. lousyfool

As @achartier said here: https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/future-of-fabrik-meeting.53344/page-3#post-279447
    If you are a PHP/JS developer well able to help with the "transition" to J!4, I'm sure @achartier and the other current devs would be happy to hear from you, e.g. per PM here.
    Otherwise, and as mentioned above here in this thread, it's certainly wisest and most helpful to stay back, wait, not distract them and let them do their work. ;)

6. Sophist

Sophist Guest

You can visit the community Discord site and hear about progress with Fabrik for Joomla 4. Apparently an alpha version is available for evaluation and testing at Alpha Tester Instructions.

bclayton, kmgardner and wezetel like this.
  7. wezetel

wezetel Member

Thanks Sophist,
    the link to the test instructions showed me, that there a heavy efforts to keep Fabrik alive. And I'm really happy about this. Not sure, how to thank the people doing those efforts!!

kmgardner and pakeydev like this.
  8. lousyfool

The three who any and all of us owe huge thanks to are
    - @henk, who had started the coding initiative without much a-do, then quickly joined by
    - @troester and @achartier, in whichever order.

These three have been doing "the heavy lifting" of putting very much time and effort into coding "Fabrik 4", and they are continuing to do so! Without them we wouldn't have any of it now or in the future. Simply mention them here when you're singing your praise... these three absolutely deserve it, they are the heroes! :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  9. bumpsadmin123

bumpsadmin123 New Member

All I can say is thank you. I have started testing and it is working well. Will update the error log if they appear.

You have all worked wonders and I know that so many folks would agree that we appreciate all your hard work.

Cheers @henk @troester @achartier

bclayton and lousyfool like this.
  10. madpato

madpato Member

Hello how can non coder users help? i know a thank you is welcome, but probably not enough.
    Maybe some sort of fund raising to help with the development i dont know i just want to find a way to help the project as a "regular" fabrik user.
    There is nothing out there like fabrik :)

11. lousyfool

I think you’ll see something about this here soon. So, keep your eyes peeled… ;)

madpato likes this.