• Payment Plugins Poll

We need your feedback on the need for updated payment plugins. Please go here and give us your feedback.

• Joomla 5.1

For running J!5.1 you must install Fabrik 4.1
    See also Announcements

• Subscription and download (Fabrik 4.1 for J!4.2+ and J!5.1) are working now

See Announcement
    Please post subscription questions and issues here

We have resolved the issue with the J! updater and this will be fixed in the next release.

Fixed Fabrik Form - Log

dimoss

Hi,

i use the Fabrik Form - Log to log user actions in my website is specific forms.
I realized that i get some errors in the #_fabrik_log db table as follows:
"Error writing database for log: Data too long for column 'ip_address' at row 1"

I checked the field type `ip_address` of the #_fabrik_change_log db table and i saw it's char 14.
Maybe it's irrelevant but an ip like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is equal to 15 so I changed the length to 15.
I will wait to see if the errors will be dissapeared.

Interesting;), it seems nobody run into it until now.

Did you get your form log entries anyway? Maybe with truncated ip?
Or are they missing?

Interesting;), it seems nobody run into it until now.

Did you get your form log entries anyway? Maybe with truncated ip?
Or are they missing?
I get form log entries but I cannot tell if the ip are truncated or not. At the same time I cannot check if there are missing ones because there are many different users logged but all of them with ip with 14 length which shouldn't be the case. I can only check in the next days to see if I get error and monitor the ip field.

I monitored the #_fabrik_log db table and seems that changing the length of the ip field to 15 was the solution as i haven't got any logs related to ip since then and ip with length = 15 have been recorded :)

Last edited:
Back