Error when using update_col list plugin

I've added a list update_col plugin instance. It had worked fine. This project is in constant development so it is safe to say multiple things have changed with regard to this list.

The button provided by the update_col plugin works fine now with some access viewing levels, but not with the 'lowest' level. When clicked with that lowest access level the error "
0 Invalid controller: name='list', format='html'
" results.

I'm relatively convinced this is an access problem. Trouble is, I'm not certain what access is impacting this.
My question is: When the update_col plugin button is clicked by a user who has access to view and edit the corresponding record, what other things (database join elements, other plugins, etc.) are the best possible candidates for an access conflict?

I have set all the elements in the list to allow the access viewing level in question to edit them. Same on the list and even on elements and lists connected via databasejoin elements.

Any suggestions on where else to look would be useful. Thanks in advance.

Enable Joomla System Debug, maybe you'll get an error stack.

I can remember such 'Invalid controller' error only in connection with a Fabrik list module.
Is this a List module? Which ajaxfy settings?

Last edited:
The update_col plugin is a list module. There is no ajaxify setting in the plugin, but the list's ajaxify setting on the Details > Navigation tab is set to No. The databasejoin plugins have an ajaxify setting in the Details > Where tab and all those are No.

Thanks

Incredible! That seemed to do the trick. Thank you very much for your insight and experience. Any explanation on why that made the difference?

In case anyone else has this happen. The problem turned out to be a databasejoin element that was intended to get the user_id and first name and last name from the comprofiler table. The issue seemed to be I must have been distracted and did not add a WHERE clause. So it was loading the entire comprofiler table (in this case 21,000 rows) into that field. Once I corrected the WHERE clause issue all was back to normal and it was no longer necessary to set the ajaxify=yes. Live and learn.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back