element dropdown labels do not allow ","

p38

Am using element dropdown.

Using labels such as

R10,000 - R14,999
$10,000 - $14,999

does not display correctly, it stops at the comma, so it looks like this......

R10
$10

How recent is your code? I know we discovered a bug in J!'s JText language file handling recently which causes that effect, whereby everything after a comma disappears. It's in the main JText::() function, which is what you run text through to have J! replace it with the selected language. So we built our own FText::(), and now call that instead.

And I thought we had replaced all occurences of JText::() in our code, but it's possible the options in a radio didn't get changed.

Anyway ... have a look at your copy of this file, see if it has that "class FText extends JText" on the end.

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/blob/joomla3/components/com_fabrik/helpers/string.php

-- hugh

thanks hugh,

I did do an update about a week ago as I normally pull an update when checking problems before posting.

I pulled another update now and the problem is resolved.

Glad to know you have built your own pre-processor, as there have been parsing issues in the past with languages.

Rule of thumb : pull twice before posting :)

thanks

I like that rule of thumb. :)

Yeah. Although at the moment all we do in FText::_() is check for that specific case, by using it everywhere instead of the native JText::_(), it does give us more scope for tweaking and handling translation related issues in the future.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back