edit/detail with join tables

alainvtr1

hi,

i've a database with 1 table and 3 joined to it.

in the edit form :
- i don't want to see the 3 joined tables below the "master" one (i've found how to hide the fields but not the table),
- when i save"a new record, i see empty ones inserted "automaticaly" in the joinded table : not wanted ...

in the detail view :
- i don't want to see the 3 joined tables below the "master" one (i've found how to hide the fields but not the table),

any help accepted ;)

i find the way to hide the group of the joined tables in the detail/edit/add form.;)

but i still have insert in the joined tables with empty field ...:mad:

another strange behavior : when i detail/edit a fresh added item with fabrik in the master table, all the field are empty
if i select an "old" item (not inserted by Fabrik) the field contain the good values

i've made somme modifications.

in the original situation, 1 list, 1 form/group for the main table, 3 form/group each issued of the joined tables.
i've move the databsejoin element of each 3 groups in the group of the main table.
and remove & delete the 3 form/group.

so now, 1 list, 1 form/group containing the element of the main table and 3 databasejoin.

the list look good.
insert work good : no blank insert in the joined table

but, in the detail and edit view, all the fields are empty and not populated with the values of the selected row

strange.
autofill needed ?

i'v added the "link to detail" on one element and i've made some test.

with the only row i've added with fabrikar, when i click on the link, the fields are returned empty on the detail view.

but, on all the other rows populated with classical "insert mysql", the fields are well returned ...

so i'm investigating on the database content ...

i've found why.
in my database, the primary key (auto-increment) of the raw added with fabrikar was 0.
i've changed to 30 ... the field are well returned.
i've added another raw in the database with fabrikar : primary key 0 gain
and again field empty in the detail view
i've changed to 31 ... the field are well returned !!

so, with the primary key 0, the fields are empty in the detail/edit view !
bug ?

There must be something wrong with your element or join settings.
Maybe you are trying to use the PK element in your joined table as foreign key, too?
Can you post screenshots of your list join settings?

i've discovered that the auto-increment has disapear in my table ... :( (bad operation with phpmyadmin ? modif made by fab ?)

i've reapply the auto-inc ... it's better ;)

the original problem described at the top is solved now : i've founded the right way.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back