dropdown element

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyalher

Hi,

I'm use the Dropown element.
How can I make that the first choice will be some text like "please chose from the list" and prohibited users to choose this?

Eyal

Just make the 1st choice in the dropdown "please chose from the list' (or "Please Select"). Set the value to 0 (zero) and click the "Default" checkbox on the right. This will make that selection the default selected value when a new row/record is added.

Then - assuming you mean force the user to make a choice (rather than prohibit) add a Validations rule. Select the 'isnot' option from the validations rules list and enter 0 (zero) as the "Is not" value to check for. Save your changes and you should have what your looking for - I think.

Hi ,

Thanks for the help.
please see the picture attached : i dont have the option of "isnot" and all the options there are Relate to elements ....

Hi ,

Thanks for the help.
please see the picture attached : i dont have the option of "isnot" and all the options there are Relate to elements ....
You seem to have forgotten to attach the picture - and that would really help because I thought this was all about an element?:confused:

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 210
It looks like you don't have the plugin enabled (else it would show in that list).

Go into the Joomla Plugin Manager and filter the list to "fabrik validation" (or just 'fabrik' if you'd like to review all the other available plugins you have disabled). Then enable whatever plugins you will be using.

If "Fabrik Validation - is not" does not show in the list, then either you are not using the 3.1b version of of fabrik (and your asking questions in the wrong forum) or you did not follow the installation instructions properly.

Strange...

I'm using the 3.1B and the "Fabrik Validation - is not" is not exist.
I checked it on the plugin manager and also at the manage extensions.

before 3 days i take the latest version from github and paste it to the folders....

Go into Extension Manager and select Discover, then click the Discover button and install any Fabrik extensions you find. Then select Manage and ensure that you have them published / enabled.

Hope this helps.

S

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back