• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

display and save different form for each option of a databasejoin element.

wagner.nardin

Hello.

I want to display different forms for each option of a databasejoin element.

I also want to save the data of each form in its specific table.

for example:

I created a list for registering contacts with a databasejoin element, where I choose the type of contact to register.

1 - companies
2 - suppliers
3 - customers

When choosing option 1, I must load the company registration form and when saving it, it must record the data in a separate company table.

When choosing option 2, I must load the supplier registration form and when saving it, it must record the data in a separate supplier table.

I can already display the correct forms using a databasejoin as a dropdown field and javascript events to show or hide forms. however, I can't save the data in their specific tables.

What can I do?

I suggest you create a separate form where you only have your databasejoin element and after the user has selected their option, redirect to a corresponding form.

You can redirect with javascript (add element javascript "change" event with the redirection codeto your databasejoin element) or redirect after form save with the form redirect plugin. You can change your save button text something like "Continue to fill the form" etc.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back