date filter issue with php 8

The database join is in a repeat group. The radiobutton element is not set for the filter but can be selected for the update. With PHP 7, I don't get this error message.

upload_2023-2-3_10-50-39.png

UPDATE

upload_2023-2-3_10-53-48.png

FILTER

upload_2023-2-3_10-54-49.png

The strange thing is that your error stack is showing "advanced search".
You say you don't have advanced search enabled.

As far as I know the update_col is using advanced search parts, so
if you disable the update_col plugin - does is still show the error during filtering?

Ah! I have advanced search enabled, but I have used the standard search for filtering.

I have now disabled the advanced search, and the results are displaying correctly. However, when I try to update a column from the results obtained using the date for filtering, I get an error 500.

Ok. One step back.

I can see the stripslashes error if I use Advanced search on an element in a repeatgroup (Advanced search is spinning in this case, the error can be seen in the network response).
I didn't test but I assume this is also the case with php7. Advanced search has issues (e.g. jdate not working, filter type auto-complete not working etc.)

I can't replicate the error in the normal filter even if additionally Advanced search is enabled.
But if it's working for you with Advanced search disabled it's ok.

Update-col with user selection is using the filter layout of elements which are set to be list filters. Which often doesn't make sense (e.g. date element with range filter is showing as range; field with dropdown filter as a dropdown so you never can set a "new" value etc).

So what is your exact setup (which elements are included in the update-col, which elements of these are also list filters (and which filter type), which element did you try to update etc.)?

"error 500": What do you get in your browser console in this case?

Did you clear all J! and browser cache?

It it really working with exactly the same setup with php7 (i.e. just by switching your site's php version)?

I can confirm that there is no error with PHP 7 and "Advanced search" abled.

The form has six groups. Only one group (GROUP 1) contains repeatable elements.

GROUP 1
Form with a group containing repeatable elements highlighted in yellow and which are included in the update-col
1 x databasejoin
1 x radiobutton
upload_2023-2-3_15-4-21.png
GROUP 2
NO repeatable element in this group - Elements highlighted in yellow are included in the update-col
upload_2023-2-3_15-10-58.png

GROUP 3
upload_2023-2-3_15-17-26.png

GROUP 4
upload_2023-2-3_15-19-59.png

GROUP 5
upload_2023-2-3_15-23-32.png

GROUP 6
upload_2023-2-3_15-25-33.png

When I do an update-col on any element of the results obtained with the filter set by dates, I get the following error message

upload_2023-2-3_15-44-12.png

upload_2023-2-3_15-34-51.png

Sorry, I can't replicate.

What does the console show if you click on the circle with the arrows (should open the network response) and then look at "Preview"?

Maybe you can narrow down the issue by deactivating groups and elements etc.

BTW: What is the sense of having update-col on a repeat-group element?

upload_2023-2-3_17-17-35.png

I think the issue is with the date plugin element. When I filter the list with any other field (not a date), I don't get an error when I update a column or several columns.
About the update-col on a repeat group element, the list gathers students attending the same classroom and students attending different classrooms. There are group lessons and individual lessons. That is why in this case, it is needed.

What do you get if you click here
upload_2023-2-3_18-43-47.png

As I said, I can't replicate.
What are your date element settings, especially which format. Does it work if you set e.g. format = Y-m-d

Did you try to change your date format?

In your browser network console, what do you get in the Preview tab?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply.

The below screenshot is what I have when I click on the preview tab. I have changed the date format to Y-m-d, and the update-col works. However, this date format will confuse the users, as most are Italian. Is it a way to display the date D j M y without having this error?

upload_2023-2-6_16-14-37.png

Obvioulsy it doesn't like the "M" at position 0 (textual parts of the date format may have issues in some cases).
And it seems it didn't get the day number (showing 00:00:00)
So try with a more "standard" format like
d M y

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back