Comments plugin does not block comments for jcomments

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipzeus

I have a form where i'm use comments plugin with jcomments.
I tried with local comments and block comments work properly.
With jcomments does not work, is there any other option for blocking jcomments?
I'm attached my configuration.

Attachments

• jcomments.PNG
    jcomments.PNG
    22.2 KB · Views: 468
hi
What do you mean by blocking comments? Do you mean disallowing people from adding comments? If so all we do is ask Jcomments to render the comments - there may be a setting inside Jcomments to control the posting options but I don't know I've never used it.

What do you mean by blocking comments? Do you mean disallowing people from adding comments?
Yes, ecsacly this!
I search for any option but i dint find nothing in jcomments configuration and mysql table who block comments.

As far as I can tell the only "built in" way to turn comments off in JComments is to insert the {jcomments off} plugin into the "article" (well, in this case a Fabrik form/detail view).

I'll have a look, and see what that actually does, to see if there is a way we can do the same thing grammatically.

--hugh

OK, committed to github. The JComments version should now obey the "block comments" selection under "Local commenting".

Once you can confirm that this works, I'll modify the tooltip on this option to say it also works for JComments, as being under "Local commenting" options, it's not really obvious that this would work for JComments.

-- hugh

thanks Hugh. i hope as soon as possible as ypu know its urgent to publish ufficialy my web application.

As I said, I committed that change to github yesterday, it should be working. You just need to have a 'lock comments' element which gets set to 1 when you want the comments locked, and select that in the "local comment options".

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back