Bug with usergroup element

jfquestiaux

I am using the usergroup element in a form but it seems to be a bug:
When you create a new record, check only one group, it shows correctly in the list but if you try to edit the form, you have the following warning (about a whole page of it):

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given in /home/livingjfq/public_html/j3/libraries/joomla/html/access.php on line 167

and the previously checked group appears unchecked on the form.

However, if you check two (or I suppose more) groups, everything works fine (in the list and on edit).

The reason is that when you have a single group, the element saves the group ID under : 2 (for instance) while it should save it under JSON format : ["2"]
For multiple groups, it saves correctly : ["2","3"]

I looked at the element but can't see where it does any saving.

Tested on J! 3.1.1 and latest GitHub.

Also, if I want to filter on this element with a dropdown filter, I get the values of the element in the filter options (I could live with that) but if I choose one option it returns no result, even though there are records.

I think you need to be using the 'usergroup' element and not the 'access' element (which i think is deprecated)

Hi Rob. I am using the usergroup element. I tested the two other (access and viewlevel) and it is the 'usergroup' that is what I need, but it has the prblems described above.

oh sorry my bad, I saw the file access.php and thought you were using the access element :oops:
Should be fixed now

OK, the main issue is fixed (the warning when there is only one usergroup), but the filter issue is still there: with a dropdown filter, I get the values (the groups IDs) of the element in the filter options and the filter only works if the user belongs to only one group.
If a user belongs to more than one group, the filter returns "no result".

Example : user 1 : "Registered" group - user 2: "Registered" and "group1" groups

Filtering on "Registered" will return only "user1"
Filtering on "group1" will return "no result"

Back