Bug or normal behavior?

jfquestiaux

I have two lists :

• List A - members
  • List B - members data
List B is left joined to list A on member_id. So far so good.

In list B, there are two rows that are CDD rendered as checkboxes. Therefore these data are recorded in seperates database tables.

If I make a menu link to list B, the CDD values are displayed in the list view.
If a make a menu link to the joined list, the CDD values are blank in the list view. Is it normal or not?

im working on this but its a major major head ache to figure out what is going on

I know that's a hard nut to crack. Have you made any progress on this one? Issue is still the same after upgrade to GitHub 191.

I most appreciate your efforts and thank you for them. I think it will be an important issue to solve as it may be several issues connected to this one.

hi

There's a new feature branch called 'joinelement-in-repeatgroup' that is based on the joomla3 branch.
It fixes this issue, but to do so I had to go and substantially change the way we store join data (basically a rewrite of the form processing code).
I also changed the way the element's are named in the form.

So an element in a repeat joined group would previously be named as :

<input name="join[X]
[listname___elementname][]" />

is now called

<input name="listname___elementname[]" />

This may well have some backwards compatibility issues with custom code for example.

I have yet to update the fileupload element to match this - so I would think that uploading images in this branch is not currently possible.
There may well be issues with the calculation element as well, and possibly multipage forms.

That being said I am very happy with the changes in the code. It has removed hundreds of lines of code from the code base, and makes this significantly more readable/logical.

If you could spare some time to test this branch that would be fantastic!

Once we're confident with it, it will be merged back into the joomla3 branch.

-Rob

Great news. i'll be happy to test it, since I most need it.
How do I proceed ? Downloading this branch then override my current (and backed up) J3 development as I would with the Joomla 3 branch?

OK, I have started to test but so far the CDD don't work anymore, even when opening/resaving them or deleting/re-creating them.

What happens is this :
I have my list A, which stores adresses. In it, I have a CDD element for "states" that watches a "country" (databasejoin) element.
This CDD is named "state_id", drawing data from the "states" table, with "id" as key and "state name" as label.

When I try to access the list, I get a 1054 SQL error, saying "Unknown column 'states.states.id'", which is indeed true. I guess this should read "states.id" instead.

Also, the CDD element rendered as dropdown incorrectly (I think) set varchar(255) as type instead of int(11). When rendered as checkbox list, the type is correct.

If I unpublish the CDD, the error is gone but my multipage form does not go further than the first page as you suspected.

If i may participate to this thread: i installed this new version (fabrik-joinelement-in-repeatgroup) and found this error message displayed in top of form:

HTML:
Error
This form uses joined data, but its foreign key contracte_info_firma___id_contract_firma, is not published. This will cause issues when saving the form. Please contact the site owner regarding this issue.

The foreign key is published, but the option Repeatable is set to yes. The message dissapear when the option is deactivated.

Also, i'm having the same problem as jfquestiaux after i saved the cdd elements:

Code:
Unknown column 'contracte_clase.contracte_clase.id' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT DISTINCT(`contracte_clase`.`id`) AS value, `contracte_clase`.`clasa`AS text FROM `contracte_clase` AS `contracte_clase` WHERE `contracte_clase`.`contracte_clase`.`id` = '' ORDER BY text ASC

ok I think both the issue with the cascading dropdown and the incorrect notice have been fixed

Unfortunately, no, the cdd still not working:

Code:
Unknown column 'contracte_date_agent_0.contracte_date_agent.echipa' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT DISTINCT(`contracte_date_agent_0`.`echipa`) AS value, `contracte_date_agent_0`.`echipa`AS text FROM `contracte_date_agent` AS `contracte_date_agent_0` WHERE `contracte_date_agent_0`.`contracte_date_agent`.`echipa` = '' ORDER BY text ASC

yup i'm still working on it, thing is if i take a day out to look at it all the forum posts get behind, so its intermittent when I can look at it, as its a major change involving a lot of changes/testing.
I'll try to remember to announce when I think its worth while testing

Back