• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Autofill Plugin does not write to database

rajpawar

Hi!
I am using the auto-fill form plugin. The plug in works great and displays the data on the form it is auto-filling. but the auto-filled form does not write the auto-filled data to the database. I have seen a couple of posts regarding this issue dated back to 2015 but with no resolution.
Is this still an issue and is there a resolution for this? Appreciate any help I can get from the experts!!

I am on Joomla 3.9.x and fabrik 3.9.x

Best,

Raj

Last edited:
I can't replicate, it's saving as expected.
What are your exact Joomla and Fabrik versions?
Does the form save to DB at all ("record to database"=yes)?
What are your autofill settings?
Which elements do you fill (with which settings/access...)?

I can't replicate, it's saving as expected.
What are your exact Joomla and Fabrik versions?
Does the form save to DB at all ("record to database"=yes)?
What are your autofill settings?
Which elements do you fill (with which settings/access...)?

Joomla version - Joomla! 3.9.18 Stable [ Amani ] 21-April-2020 19:30 GMT
Fabrik version - 3.9
The form is set to record to database. Other fields do write to the database.

It is odd that the autofill (circled in Red) shows up on the form. see screen shot below:

upload_2020-9-18_15-42-18.png
Is there a mistake in how I have configured the settings? Screen shots for various configs below.

upload_2020-9-18_15-37-7.png

upload_2020-9-18_15-38-17.png

upload_2020-9-18_15-38-57.png

So what are your element settings of Requested Start/End time? Which element type? Which access? Readonly=yes? Disabled=yes?...

So what are your element settings of Requested Start/End time? Which element type? Which access? Readonly=yes? Disabled=yes?...
Type - Calc, I used this since it sets the DB as type "text". There is no calculation in the option, since it maps from the original element which uses the "time" element plugin
access - public
no other changes to the settings

A calc element is no input field, it's calculating the code resp. in your case without code doing nothing.

A calc element is no input field, it's calculating the code resp. in your case without code doing nothing.
I realized that as soon as I posted it :rolleyes:
I changed it to textarea plugin and it saves to the DB ..
what was throwing me off was the field was getting displayed just fine on the form ..:)
Thank you for looking at this.

On another note, is it possible to format the input field for the time plugin to just display "hours" only. the current options are hh:mm:ss and hh:mm. for one of my forms I only need hh

Best,
Raj

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back